RM4 still drops out when switching channels

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have an older RM4 and RT2/50 which drops out momentarily when I switch channels. I know it is because of the older uP chips in both units. Getting a hold of the updated chips is the problem.
I live in Australia and have been told I have to go through the local distributer (CMI).
For a year now, I have contacted every Randall dealer in my city and they have told me that they contacted or left messages with the local CMI rep on the matter but just can't get a reply out of them.
Can anyone out there get a hold of these chips and send them to me? I am more than willing to cover any costs involved if they can.
Thank you,
Rick

Hey mate, I contact CMI myself, it's much quicker :wink: I would suggest doing that, if for whatever reason you cant, I have family links to CMI so let me know.

I would have suggested Gold Coast Music but they recently sold out :roll:

Hi, I sent an email to Randall as instructed when news of the .15 millisecond upgrade chip was announced. My first email was responded to very quickly by Ryan Struck, the Randall contact for this matter. This was Aug. 12th, 2008. Ryan stated there was a "slight delay" in him receiving the chips, mail him back in about a week.

Sent the next email to Ryan on Aug. 26th. Ryan stated he is "working with Doug to get them here as soon as possible". Ryan answered this email the next day as well. Very good service and I do think he and the Randall folks are doing what they can to get these chips to their customers who want them as quickly as they can.

I asked Ryan to email me when they have the chips to sell. I suppose I will email him every two weeks or so hoping the chips actually do arrive someday.

The cost of the chips is supposedly very low. If they do ever come in I would be happy to purchase several of them and mail them to Aussie or where needed as long as you cover the shipping, which I am sure you would have no problem doing. We just need the chips in Randall's/Ryan's hands so they can actually sell them to us. Fingers crossed...

[email protected]
Ryan Struck
USMusic Customer Service
444 E Courtland St
Mundelein Il. 60060
phone: 1-800-877-6863 ext 5171
efax: 1-775-703-1198

FlyingV said:
The cost of the chips is supposedly very low. If they do ever come in I would be happy to purchase several of them and mail them to Aussie or where needed as long as you cover the shipping, which I am sure you would have no problem doing. We just need the chips in Randall's/Ryan's hands so they can actually sell them to us. Fingers crossed...

You bloody ripper, thank you very much. You're a gentleman. I'll cover shipping and more. I've been trying to get some update chips for about 2 years now. Thank you.

don't worry, gents
i haven't forgot! Just waiting to get them in so i can sprinkle them across the land and then we can all enjoy some super fast channel switching action!

RD.RYAN said:
don't worry, gents
i haven't forgot! Just waiting to get them in so i can sprinkle them across the land and then we can all enjoy some super fast channel switching action!

ID love to have one of these here super fast channel switching chips my self please.

Thanks

D

We're still waiting, as well. I haven't forgot, my office is full of reminder post-it notes!

at what year was this problem fixed? I'm looking at buying an rm4 from about 2006 used and may need to get a chip if there's an issue

RD.RYAN said:
We're still waiting, as well. I haven't forgot, my office is full of reminder post-it notes!

Any sign of these chips as yet. This is the one thing letting my RM4 down, and am keen to get it fixed, cheers

tlingen said:
I received a 15ms chip about a month ago. I had it on back order with Ryan.

Ryan would you mind comenting on this - I am keen to arrange one, thanks

Ryan or someone from Randall would you please confirm what you are doing about this drop out issue. The Rm4 is currently not useable to its full extent in a live situation due to this drop out problem. As my unit is nearly out of warranty I would appreciate some traction on this. Several months is starting to look unreasonable, thanks

Latest posts