RM50 Effects Loop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasing shadows

Reaction score
I have been on the Egnater forum and have notice that the Mod 50 has the same problem with the effects loop excepting most effects pedals. I am wondering if it is a design flaw and if it can be fixed. I have tried several effects and the G-System in the effects loop and it cuts the power of the head and sounds like crap. I put a new tube in the effects loop but same problem. Is there a cure for this? I use to have a JSX and their effect loops are amazing.

I used the G system in my MOD for a year and it was killer,I use it in my M4/RT and its killer no loss of anything.Maybe bad connection but the RM50 has a good rep of reliability,if you set the levels on the Gsystem correctly there shouldn't be a problem.

The loop isn't 'bad' - it's just meant to be used with rack level effects. Get an EbTech line shifter - it's less than $100 - and you can run pedals in the loop with no issues.

Pete

I run my PODxt in the effects loop of my RM50B (reverb) with no troubles. I actually use it to lower the pre-amp volume so I can push the power tubes a little more at lower volumes. But if I turn up the POD output it would return to 100% volume.