Rocktron Intellifex

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukak65

Reaction score
We I finally put away the pedals. And i can say for good now. This toy is fully tweak able. And more importantly adds to my tone. I should have done this years ago. I'm already saving for a Prophesy II.

Good unit for ambient fx, but no serial modulation, you're gonna need something extra for flangers, phasers and compressors :wink:

Your right. It does have those and they are not great but ok. I really need it for Delay and verb. I really want to get something to add for my lead tone. Any suggestions?

Bukak65 said:
Your right. It does have those and they are not great but ok. I really need it for Delay and verb. I really want to get something to add for my lead tone. Any suggestions?
What about the Lexicon MPX G2?

I owned one some months ago and the quality of the effects is really good, the reverbs are fantastics; I have my RM4 in the Lexicon's insert loop, so I can use pre and post effects.

stormrider66 said:
Bukak65 said:
What about the Lexicon MPX G2?

I owned one some months ago and the quality of the effects is really good, the reverbs are fantastics; I have my RM4 in the Lexicon's insert loop, so I can use pre and post effects.

A big problem with the Lexicon is the switching speed (noticable lag when changing presets)
for this reason I use CC commands (punching in/out FX in one patch) instead of PGM changes
and though being more versatile (in number of fx, parameters and routing) it's can be frustrating when a certain combination isn't possible because of limited procesing power

also, on the 2nd hand market for just a little more, you can get a Digitech GSP1101,
for less, an older GSP2112 -which IIRC has the same lexicon reverb as the G2

Gotta admit, the Rocktron has been collecting dust since I got the G2
But I'm slowly looking at that 1101 since the switching issue on the G2 really puts a brake on its performance

Using the G2 with the Lexicon R1 pedalboard I have absolutely no lag problem when switching the presets.

There is lag switching presets only when I use the front button on the G2, and I think it's "normal", because the G2 just want to know if turning this button, you stopped on the wanted preset and then it loads it.

But with the R1 it's ok.

Just before the G2, I've got a GSP 1101. I prefer the Lex, by far. Quality of the effects, Effects routing, the possibility to adjust input/output level (with clipping signal)....

But you're right with the limited processing power, I understand that it can be frustrating. So we need a Lex G3 that will, unfortunately, never comes :cry:

stormrider66 said:
Using the G2 with the Lexicon R1 pedalboard I have absolutely no lag problem when switching the presets.

Odd since this is mentioned by almost everyone of being inherent to the unit
(worse with lots of fx and routings)

Just before the G2, I've got a GSP 1101. I prefer the Lex, by far. Quality of the effects, Effects routing, the possibility to adjust input/output level (with clipping signal)....

*note to self: do not trade in G2 for 1101 but something else :D

But you're right with the limited processing power, I understand that it can be frustrating. So we need a Lex G3 that will, unfortunately, never comes :cry:

Actually, they did come
Lexicon and Digitech are owned by the same company, and it was decided to phase out the G2 for making Lexicon a pure studio application brand, while Digitech would apply to the guitarists

Much of the G2 went into the GSP units
Digitech GSP 2112, 2120 and 1101

...that they didn't get everything right seems apparent ;)

Ok. So let's say I want to stay with the Intellifex/ Rm100 setup. I'm using a Rocktron Midi Mate for my controller and a EVH Phase 90 in front thru a True bypass looper. Can I control my RM and the Intellifex with the Midimate?

Yes.
I was using a similar setup with no problem. The only difference is I have the RM4.