Sacred Groove Fisch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlord1974

Reaction score
Fisch_4-1.jpg

So, I ordered this module and, unfortunately, due to another large purchase, I need to unload it shortly after receiving it. Considering I currently have this module listed in the Classifieds, I guess some might think this post is "self-serving". However, that is truly not my intention. I am just so blown away by this module, I had to share my thoughts on it......

I have Scott's (a.k.a. Sacred Groove's) XTC Red/Blue, MK22 and Fisch modules. I can't say enough good things about his work. The faceplates are cool as hell and the TONE on all three of these modules is something you have to hear to believe.

His Fisch mod is about as dead-on to the real thing as a module can get. How do I know, well, look at my rack.....

Fisch_3.jpg

Yeah, I guess I am "qualified" to make that assertion! :lol:

I was absolutely shocked A/Bing between my actual Bogner Fish preamp and Scott's Fisch this afternoon. They are so similar it's ridiculous.

If you like the Bogner tone, buy this module NOW. You will not be disappointed.

Top notch work, Scott!

Hey Steve:

I have never had a Snorkeller, but wouldn't see any reason to now that I have tried the Fisch. I am still very intrigued by Hilly's Scorch, but my modular buying frenzy is being put on hold - atleast until after the CCV shows up at my door! :lol:

rlord1974 said:
...well, look at my rack.....
Fisch_3.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That is one of the sickest racks I've ever seen. :)
I think from this pic that it is abundantly clear why you don't need the Fisch anymore. That Bogner is in such minty condition. Nice... :D

Hi Daryl:

I actually bought the Fisch for the purpose of being able to take that tone with me when I decide to just take my Egnater MOD50 to shows or rehearsals.

I just shelled out some major green on a new non-modular amp head, so had to sell off a few modular pieces to recoup some dough. This module was one of the ones I decided I would let go - temporarily. I will be getting another in the next few months for sure.

If you were going to duplicate the tone you get with the real Fish, would your tone knobs on the modular Fisch be in the same spot?

I guess my question is does the modular amp have more treble/mids/bass that the real deal?

I never thought I would say this, but, nice rack, Rob! :lol:

I think one of the cool parts of the Fisch is that it is a one-trick-pony. I feel it does that one tone so well, it's hard to think of any extra features that would make it "better." When I was originally requested to build one, it was going to have both, Brown and Strato channels, but then the Strato got 86'ed, since there really wasn't a need for it by the original buyer. So, as it turns out, the Fisch can stand by itself, without extra features, a great look, and a lower price.

Thanks again Rob! :D

eyeball987 said:
If you were going to duplicate the tone you get with the real Fish, would your tone knobs on the modular Fisch be in the same spot?

I found not exactly, but pretty close. Probably due to different preamp tubes.....more on that to follow.....

eyeball987 said:
I guess my question is does the modular amp have more treble/mids/bass that the real deal?

Short answer = No.

The biggest differences are that the actual Bogner seems to have a *bit* more girth in the lower mids that makes the sound a hair thicker than the module version. Also, I would say that the Bogner has a little bit better note definition in chords - mainly, if you hit a full chord and then arpeggiate across the strings as the chord is ringing out, the notes on the high E, B and G strings will pop out a little more on the Bogner than the module. However, these are minor differences and I would not notice playing live if I wasn't A/Bing them (which, of course, I would never do live!).

Again, we should keep in mind that the preamp tubes are going to make a difference as well. I believe the Fisch module had EH tubes in it, whereas my Bogner Fish does not. Perhaps if I had the same tubes in both the sounds would become even further aligned.....

This module is killer. I'm not playing any "metal" anymore - more hard rock, 90's "alternative" and blues (the latter of which has no relevance to this topic). I would go so far to say that this is my favourite high gainer by a long shot. But, I'm a simple man, and simple men like simple things..... :lol: