Salvation Benzin....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, one of the best on the market:

130316-loadbox-ii-8-ohms-med.jpg

http://www.koch-amps.com/accessories/loadbox-ii.html

stormrider 66, very interesting. Would you mind posting some samples. Greetings to France :wink:

BTW, really cool topic.

The C.A.B. is perfect to use with a preamp or on a pedalboard. To use it with a head, as said by Mattfig, you need a loadbox. There is also another product by Two Notes, the Torpedo LIVE that is similar to the C.A.B. but includes extra features: a loadbox and a SPDIF out.

Hello Petrucci, nice to talk with you again. At this time I don't have an audio interface, so I can't record some samples. I'm planning to buy one in the coming months, and for sure I will post some samples here.

On youtube you can listen to Torpedo C.A.B. and LIVE samples; they are the same products regarding sound quality.

If some of you are interesting speaking about Two Notes products, I will open a thread ;-)

Ive played and heard Diezel's before and think they sound ok,not $5000 ok,but I dont think any amp is worth that much money.Too many oher amos out there that sound as good or better for alot less money to me......my comparison of the Benzin was based on all the modded modules I have owned and was actaully using at the time....It was just very dark and not as articulate when going between other high gain modules I was playing with.The base tone of the module didnt really wow me enough to spend extensive time with it,so I returned it.For $450 there are other salvation modules that absolutely smoke it in my opinion,and they actually cost less with more versatiliy.....

alowerdeep said:
Ive played and heard Diezel's before and think they sound ok,not $5000 ok,but I dont think any amp is worth that much money.Too many oher amos out there that sound as good or better for alot less money to me......my comparison of the Benzin was based on all the modded modules I have owned and was actaully using at the time....It was just very dark and not as articulate when going between other high gain modules I was playing with.The base tone of the module didnt really wow me enough to spend extensive time with it,so I returned it.For $450 there are other salvation modules that absolutely smoke it in my opinion,and they actually cost less with more versatiliy.....

+1.....totally agree- there are way better Salvo mods. Masholdano and Xtacy are the best I've tried. This module was too dark/muddy for my tastes- Had good punch but cranked it and it sounded muddy no matter what guitar I used. I want to try the JF version..but really not a huge Diezel fan for what I do anyway....If I had 5k to spend on an amp- It wouldnt be a Diezel- Id grab a kitchen sink Friedman Marsha and keep the rest of the cash.

Coming back to this thread- I take my words back!! LOL! I hadnt heard or tried a Diezel Herbert until yesterday at NAMM....WOW!!!! Yeah, I'd kill for one of those- I dont think the VH4 would be a great match for what I do but the Herbert is a different animal. I think the one we fired up had 6 KT77's? Couldnt tell for sure but it was an absolute beast and is on a different planet compared to the Benzin module. (which is modeled after the VH4) Would seem really hard to duplicate the depth and those organic tones in MTS land...Anyone have any clips (besides Robs) or feedback on the D-Zilla????

So the general consensus of Salvo Benzin is they are Dark sounding marshal (fat) soup-up flavored Module?

Will an added presence knob help brighten up the tone?

Got to play my new Benzin mod last night at the usual low (condo) volume.. Whoa!! this thang packs a LOT of low end puch :twisted: perfect for Chuggin' and thick solo's!! it is quite dark but presence knob helps bring light into the darkness :lol:

It's monstrous and does "Tool sound" perfectly. Another surprising thing is it cleans up pretty nicely! I had it set as an alternate clean module along Camerock!

Has anyone done a comparison between the Benzin and the D-Zilla... I am Gassing for some Deizel Tones in my rig and im wondering weather to grab a D-zilla and save all the shipping and waiting time, or if the benzin will get me there. There is only a 20$ difference in for the actual mod but id greatly perfer not to deal with customs and also to keep my money in the U.S. and work with a great dude in Rob
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
Im thinking of getting a salvation benzin ive been listening to samples of the VH4 and absolutely loving them, A couple ?'s for any owners.... How acurate is it? Im not a patient person so is there a jaded faith module that comes close?
-mp-
Do it. It is different from any module I've owned,(and I have had quite a few). Figg hit it on the head with his assesment.

OK, I just got through recording a few tracks with my Benzin...I will say it's tone is another one in the Marshall-esque tone category with heavy emphasis on the "darker mids." It's a really chewy gainy mod that delivers...Channel 3 is more laid back and can get into JCM800 territory, again with some darker mids...

Hope that helps...