Salvation Custom VAMP module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
Hi guys,

during working on several new modifications and mainly working on modules from all around the world I was asked for very special thing.
Cloning of circuit of Vampower amp into the module.

First some facts:The Vampower design came from a guy who used to work with Vox/Triumph- a genius called Dave Roffey. The
amp featured the first preamp distortion in the world. He called this
the Bite control.
EQ was also active eq.
you can read about it here: www.vampower.com
T.Rex Marc Bolan used this, about 250 Vampoer amps ever made.

I found these amps very interresting.
After all these higain modules I wanted to do some really different, so Vamp module was great candidate.
very special and really not usual EQ section, unusual BITE (gain) control which even at minimum settings give great crystalic clean sound. When BITE is pushed up, nice meaty overdriven tones are here too.

This weekend I finished Vamp module and I am very satisfied with it.
If someone is looking for 70?s glam rock tone, or if you want something different than Marshallish or Voxy crunch sound, then this module is really different.

Thanks to Joris aka m0jo for great design again!

Vamp1.jpg

Vamp2.jpg

Vamp3.jpg

Hi Anthony,

Which donor modules will work for the Vamp? Thanks!

These knobs I used are real knobs from real Vampower amp, customer sent me them with his donor module.
Maybe these knobs has includes some mojo;)

Mike P said:
Hi Anthony,

Works:Tweed, JTM, Ultra, UXL, Plexi, SL+, Top Boost.
No XTC, no Treadplate, no Clean modules.

Vamp module has added hidden feature-push/pull knob for slightly increased gain.
With knob pulled it is "stock" Vamp circuit, exact copy Vapower MK preamp. When knob is Pulled, then tone is fatter, meatier and gainier.

salvation said:
Mike P said:
Hi Anthony,

Works:Tweed, JTM, Ultra, UXL, Plexi, SL+, Top Boost.
No XTC, no Treadplate, no Clean modules.

Vamp module has added hidden feature-push/pull knob for slightly increased gain.
With knob pulled it is "stock" Vamp circuit, exact copy Vapower MK preamp. When knob is Pulled, then tone is fatter, meatier and gainier.

Wow, it sounds like a really cool module. Thanks!

The upcoming of all these hybrid modules are getting great. I am so glad to jump into this series of amps. Cant wait to hear this one. Kudos!!

salvation said:
These knobs I used are real knobs from real Vampower amp, customer sent me them with his donor module.

You need to find a source for repro knobs like that. They're so money, I'd buy this module just for the knobs! LOL

salvation said:

You need to find a source for repro knobs like that. They're so money, I'd buy this module just for the knobs! LOL

Wow. I had never heard of Vampower before this. Very cool. Checked out the link and read up on the history. Thanks Anthony.

just come back from Vamp session and ..... this is something really different
exciting great clean, old school vintage crunch with a bit taste of fuzz, very responsive EQ..... think T.Rex, there it is.
Not for everybody like good wine, but.... :)

salvation said:
Yes, this is another big advantage of Mts system. We can touch special or rare amps, which are no longer made.
Yep, without the big money, breaking down, heavy-as-hell problems haha.
(Recently diagnosed my bassplayer's 1970s Musicman as "broken .. again")

I like how it turned out!!
Very interested in hearing it as well. I like alternative tones. :)

I'm looking at the schematic, it seems there's some weird stuff with the EQ there.
Not your regular tonestack right?