SALVATION DEAD PLATE mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newer design:

DSC00119.JPG

Can you produce them without that faceplat design? Its kind of a miss for me.

Anthony, would it be possible to combine the Sweep and Blast versions?

I like both options and hate having to choose :lol:

Also, why not a dual concentric pot for the sweep? Makes it stand out from the crowd even more and maybe gives you essential space for the Blast switch+led! :D

m0jo said:

Also, why not a dual concentric pot for the sweep? Makes it stand out from the crowd even more and maybe gives you essential space for the Blast switch+led! :D

Dual concentric pots looks good bur there is problem with space and connecting inside the module.
Blast option and Mid sweep may be combined if you wish.

Anthony

salvation said:
m0jo said:

Dual concentric pots looks good bur there is problem with space and connecting inside the module.
Blast option and Mid sweep may be combined if you wish.

Anthony

Ah ah well. Your "extra's" are killing me man, I'm gonna end up with a module with (at least!) 6 switches on it! :lol:

salvation said:
Here you can see deadplate + (with added switch for red/orange recto voicing)
Deadplate_orange_red_switch.JPG

Nice!

Maybe a bicolour orange/red led is a nice touch :), they only come in 5mm though.

Salvation...
my Loneclean is working out nicely...thank you,again.
I was wondering what the Deadplate sells for? If I had a trade ( a deluxe module) how much would it cost on top of that?
GtrGeorge
if you like. .....send me a PM.

After an adjustment period, I am really enjoying the Dead Plate. Swapped in a couple of Sino 12AX7Bs to brighten it up & it is aggressive. To think I almost bought a Recto instead of this.

Problem is now too many modded modules to drool over.

The Dead Plate is a really cool mod. I particularly like the clarity of it on the orange channel with gain at about 9 o'clock. I am eager to start mixing it with other mods.

84Strat, what inspired you to change the tubes on it? From your post it sounded like it made a huge difference in the tone.

ultrase7en said:
The Dead Plate is a really cool mod. I particularly like the clarity of it on the orange channel with gain at about 9 o'clock. I am eager to start mixing it with other mods.

84Strat, what inspired you to change the tubes on it? From your post it sounded like it made a huge difference in the tone.

I wish I had the orange channel. I may have to send it back for that mod & remove the noise gate as I don't use it.

Inspiration is that I can't rest till I try some different combinations. You will definitely hear it different than I do. I found the JJs in the module to be too dark, which works great with my Splawn as it is a brighter amp.

I have tried the following:

Penta Labs 7025F = Less gain, More open brighter tone
Ei 12AX7 (Long Plate Tube) = Less gain, Smoother open tone
Sino 12AX7B = Little less gain, More open brighter tone, Still aggressive

I am running a RM20 into a Splawn 2x12 (Greenback style speakers). Amp Tubes - V1/V2 Penta 7025F, V3 Sovtek 12AX7LPS & TAD EL84 Power Tubes

The clearer / open tone is what I was after with the swap. Hope this helps.