Salvation MAMBA (Cobra based mod)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can already tell you it's either an Diezel or an ENGL :p Those are the two that people have been begging fore (myself not so much for the Diezel, cuz I think of 90's Metallica when I hear that name, but more for the ENGL).

tehuk said:
Benzin>> Genz Benz?
Mash-all is probably going to be the ultimate marshall module
Matchvox>> AC30 with maybe a top boost switch?
Gtrio could be H&K tri
Phish is pretty straightforward.Will the module have brown and strato or just one of them?
Hellraiser I got no clue but I'll take a wild guess 5150>>Criminal>>Hellraiser maybe? Or maybe VH4?

- no, nobodyz wantz GenzBenz modz ;) but its very easy, really
- yeah, marshall is headstone of all sounds :)
- not exactly, most of people wanted more clean, not more boosted vox
- no, something mooooore special :)
- essential of Fish is brown channel
- no, this will be "must have" for all real brutal metalheads :)

Hmm, Benzin? Sounds like Diezel to me :eek:
Hellraiser? Triple XXX, dunno.
Angel? My guess is that's the Engl mod.

Do I get a price for 2 out of 3 or so?

Anyway, my order to Salvation is nearly finished, just need to make my mind up on 1 mod, hmm :roll:

I'd imagine the ENGL module would be called ANGL (Anglo Saxons, anyone?) :p ANGEL is pretty sweet too. Makes me think of a clean module, though (The Peters Halo, specifically).

salvation said:
There is big demand (read: hype) to one european amp tone.
I have prototype on my desk, in process for AdamB from the forum here. Adam, sorry for the delay, I am doing my best on it!
:wink:

would this company also be german for angel? what model are you "workin" on tone wise?

paintkilz said:
would this company also be german for angel? what model are you "workin" on tone wise?

lol did you read the previous posts? Its been established that its ENGL but we don't know whether its Fireball or Powerball.

tehuk said:
paintkilz said:

lol did you read the previous posts? Its been established that its ENGL but we don't know whether its Fireball or Powerball.
Or Savage, or Invader, or Blackmore, or (the quite nearly impossible) SE.

tehuk said:
Baco said:
Angel? My guess is that's the Engl mod.

He already confirmed its an ENGL module. We are just wondering if it will be Fireball or Powerball.
I hadn't read that, sorry for that. Having said that, it would be better based on the Lead 1 or Lead 2 of the Engl SE, it blows both the Fireball and Powerball away. I had both versions before (6L6 and EL34) and they sound more brutal than those 'Balls do :eek:

tehuk said:
He already confirmed its an ENGL module. We are just wondering if it will be Fireball or Powerball.
Yes, ANGEL is based on ENGL.
btw engel is german word for angel.
and I hope that will have "ball-switch" ;)

but this is not mod for AdamB, this is another europian (not german) producer ;) (mean manufacturer not music producer)

I bet its for Michael Wagener's rack of doom. Does it have a specific module as base or can it be any high gain like xtc or ultra?

anyway, we are big fans of Engl sound, because is one of the best amp for readable sound with higher gain. OK it is a bit scoopy, but this can be handle via speakers and mixing studio work.....
And why I speak about ENGL sound, not about specific Engl head?
I can tell you big "secret" ;) Most of engls have same basic circuit, for example E530, Fireball, Blackmoore, Savage, and of course Savage SE too ;) Differencies are in features, but basic sound is identical - signature ENGL sound. Different is only Powerball, so called Engl answer for Recto.
Our favourite one is Fireball, ?cause it is absolutely easy, OK it has only one sound, but good one and dialing takes 20s. With Savage SE we spent 20min!!! to dial sound as good as Fireball. But If somebody likes switches, tweaking and huge possibilities, it is his hobby, we like to play music ;)

and note from PedroDeLuxe - complete SE can be in RM4, in 4 modules :)
or Invader in RM12 ;) Module is for capture SOUND not complete head.

hyenik said:
anyway, we are big fans of Engl sound, because is one of the best amp for readable sound with higher gain. OK it is a bit scoopy, but this can be handle via speakers and mixing studio work.....
And why I speak about ENGL sound, not about specific Engl head?
I can tell you big "secret" ;) Most of engls have same basic circuit, for example E530, Fireball, Blackmoore, Savage, and of course Savage SE too ;) Differencies are in features, but basic sound is identical - signature ENGL sound. Different is only Powerball, so called Engl answer for Recto.
Our favourite one is Fireball, ?cause it is absolutely easy, OK it has only one sound, but good one and dialing takes 20s. With Savage SE we spent 20min!!! to dial sound as good as Fireball. But If somebody likes switches, tweaking and huge possibilities, it is his hobby, we like to play music ;)

and note from PedroDeLuxe - complete SE can be in RM4, in 4 modules :)
or Invader in RM12 ;) Module is for capture SOUND not complete head.

I own an Engl 530 and my friend has an Engl Fireball. I've played both and I can tell you they do not sound similar at all to my ears.

grunge782 said:
I own an Engl 530 and my friend has an Engl Fireball. I've played both and I can tell you they do not sound similar at all to my ears.
Thing is though, the Fireball is ENGL's answer tot he 5150, Powerball is their Recto. Try comparing to to a Savage, or maybe channel 2 of the Blackmore. I've noticed great similarities between many of the amps, but the only real differences I've noticed are in the aforementioned balls, and the SE (because that amp is just tone HEAVEN!).

If this ANGEL module is just generic ENGL sound with a "Ball" switch, I would LOVE it! Especially if I could specifically get the two sounds of the Blackmore's lead channel with the ability to flip a switch and get the more compressed, scoopy Powerball-esque tone!

EDIT: Gah, missed that Hyenik said the Fireball was similar too xD But features can change a lot, and there is the fact that the E530 is just a preamp, so it depends on what power amp you stick it up to as well as to what sounds you'll get out of it.