Salvation MAMBA (Cobra based mod)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shinozoku said:
grunge782 said:
I own an Engl 530 and my friend has an Engl Fireball. I've played both and I can tell you they do not sound similar at all to my ears.
Thing is though, the Fireball is ENGL's answer tot he 5150, Powerball is their Recto. Try comparing to to a Savage, or maybe channel 2 of the Blackmore. I've noticed great similarities between many of the amps, but the only real differences I've noticed are in the aforementioned balls, and the SE (because that amp is just tone HEAVEN!).

If this ANGEL module is just generic ENGL sound with a "Ball" switch, I would LOVE it! Especially if I could specifically get the two sounds of the Blackmore's lead channel with the ability to flip a switch and get the more compressed, scoopy Powerball-esque tone!

EDIT: Gah, missed that Hyenik said the Fireball was similar too xD But features can change a lot, and there is the fact that the E530 is just a preamp, so it depends on what power amp you stick it up to as well as to what sounds you'll get out of it.

I stuck the 530 through the power section of the Fireball. Also I can tell you, the Fireball is NOT a 6505, and actually it has a taste more so of the recto in it. I've actually played a powerball as well through the same exact cab and the Powerball is way too focused and tight to be considered close to a recto. I def agree that the 530 is closer to the Savage or Blackmore (played one of those too on the same cab). But the existence of a single "generic" Engl sound is somewhat questionable in my opinion.

grunge782 said:
Shinozoku said:
grunge782 said:
I own an Engl 530 and my friend has an Engl Fireball. I've played both and I can tell you they do not sound similar at all to my ears.
Thing is though, the Fireball is ENGL's answer tot he 5150, Powerball is their Recto. Try comparing to to a Savage, or maybe channel 2 of the Blackmore. I've noticed great similarities between many of the amps, but the only real differences I've noticed are in the aforementioned balls, and the SE (because that amp is just tone HEAVEN!).

If this ANGEL module is just generic ENGL sound with a "Ball" switch, I would LOVE it! Especially if I could specifically get the two sounds of the Blackmore's lead channel with the ability to flip a switch and get the more compressed, scoopy Powerball-esque tone!

EDIT: Gah, missed that Hyenik said the Fireball was similar too xD But features can change a lot, and there is the fact that the E530 is just a preamp, so it depends on what power amp you stick it up to as well as to what sounds you'll get out of it.

I stuck the 530 through the power section of the Fireball. Also I can tell you, the Fireball is NOT a 6505, and actually it has a taste of the recto in it. The Powerball is way to focused and tight to be considered close to a recto. Why would they put a I've actually played one of those as well through the same exact cab and
Uhm... the last part of your post is illegible and cut off? But come to think of it, that sounds about right. Though ya gotta remember, both the 5150 and Recto were based off of Soldano designs, so there's bound to be crossover.

EDIT: Ahhh, you're editing, never mind :p But yeah, I HAVE heard some pretty brutal clips of the E530 on a few sites. But I get what you're saying. The E530 definitely seems like more of and 80's rock lead preamp or something.

tehuk said:
I bet its for Michael Wagener's rack of doom. Does it have a specific module as base or can it be any high gain like xtc or ultra?

All my mods can be done on ANY higain or midgain module.
Modern, Ultra, Ultra XL, SL+, XTC, Recto, Rectified, Treadplate, Topboost, Tweed, Plexi....etc.

Anthony
SALVATION

everybody believe in what he wants ;)
We not only controlled schematics, we discused straight with Engl company too. And they (ENGL) said: RB is simple version of Savage and 530 is RB. Of course some changings in tonestack and features, but it is like it is. So take it what you want body ;)

DSC_4760.JPG
[/img]

iekobrid: Bullseye!
We decided (after guitarslinger?s advice) to try Groove Tubes Trio, one of the most underrated preamps. We will see... (but only Scream channel)

HELLRAISER: This is brand new design, not simple copy of any amp. This is new wiring from Salvation, only using some great ideas from Krank, Diezel, Engl etc.

iekobrid said:
Baco said:
Hmm, Benzin? Sounds like Diezel to me :eek:
Sounds about right. Benzin is German for "gasoline", yes?

Yes, and not only german :) We using Diesel (oil?) or Benzin (gas?), Rammstein is a good help for this "riddle". Who dont like this idea, can use name FUEL or whatever.

But Benzin will be salvation?s standard for module base on Diezel, same as MAMBA for Cobra. Pitviper is only for harsh?s wish.

hyenik said:
Benzin will be salvation?s standard for module base on Diezel, same as MAMBA for Cobra. Pitviper is only for harsh?s wish.

I'm really excited for benzin, phish, angel, and hellraiser. Are they prototypes at the moment or are they ready for purchase?

tehuk said:
I'm really excited for benzin, phish, angel, and hellraiser. Are they prototypes at the moment or are they ready for purchase?
Prototypes were ready for all of them, but purchase depends on demand too ;)
So very soon (couple of days) will be ready Angel and Benzin, rest for order. Tony is not company which producing on stock.

only for interest, here is protype of Benzin during proud A/B comparison with Diezel VH4 (yes that one with wires :)

comparison.JPG

hyenik said:
tehuk said:
Prototypes were ready for all of them, but purchase depends on demand too ;)
So very soon (couple of days) will be ready Angel and Benzin, rest for order. Tony is not company which producing on stock.

only for interest, here is protype of Benzin during proud A/B comparison with Diezel VH4 (yes that one with wires :)

comparison.JPG

I thought I've seen a picture of some amps including a Peavey Triple XXX, or am I mistaken?

Hy ,

cool news so Dzl , Engl will be shown in the next few days .
Is the lonestar clean going to be released as well.
BTW what is Orangutan ???

cheers!!!

Hy ,

cheers!!!

felineguitars said:
Was the Marshall RR head much different tonally to the other Marshall you tried?

RR is different than other Marshall I ever tried.
I have to say that color of tone (ie voicing)is undoubtelly from Marshall family. Maybe little brighter in some settings.
But dynamic IS different.
Tone is thick, meaty, but not much tight. And there is huge amount of gain, but high gain settings were VERY LOUD for my ears to listen to them more than a few minutes:)) (RR lacks master volume).
But I definitely like it for its originality!!
Due to two cascaded Gain pots there is a lot of possible settings.

Maybe in future I will build preamp of RR into the module.
I would have to do prototype first, to try how RR preamp works with Randall power amp.

Anthony
SALVATION

gtr31 said:
Hy ,

cheers!!!

Orangutan is the same mod as Mandarine Stonerverb, only with Hyeniks custom design.