SALVATION Soldano clone module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever looked into getting Blank PCB cards so that we can get these things without having to destroy a stock mod. Kind of like how the sloclone folks have there own board printed ??

Just a thought.

Hey, I emailed US music corp(randall) about blank boards and they said they have none to sell nor no plains to sell any. I bet if we get a whole bunch of people to email them then maybe.....

Firefighter1428 said:
Hey, I emailed US music corp(randall) about blank boards and they said they have none to sell nor no plains to sell any. I bet if we get a whole bunch of people to email them then maybe.....

Ask RD/Steve or RD/Rich.....maybe they can help us out.

IMO Randall should have the following members on the payroll and involved in the graphics ,design and features of some new 09 modules

OKstrat, Salvation, Friedman.
I think these guys really bring it to a whole new level

gtr31 said:
IMO Randall should have the following members on the payroll and involved in the graphics ,design and features of some new 09 modules

word

crankyrayhanky said:
gtr31 said:

word
WORD +1

Hey Salvation ,

I think one mod that everyone would love to see would be a Mark IV maybe the MACH V to avoid infringment .

Basic black faceplate .with the round numberd dials, pull boost, pull bright
and a pull contour that would give the famous Mesa V scoop . you would sell a TON

Quite honestly due to demand I would have figured Randall would have been working on this long ago.

Every modular forum requests the scoop rythm and rich lead tone of the Mesa mk amps

only note:
not only one guy wanted MarkIV, my friend pedro too, so we already spoke with salvation about it. But accidentally Mark IV is NOT possible built in MTS module.

gtr31 said:
Hey Salvation ,

I think one mod that everyone would love to see would be a Mark IV maybe the MACH V to avoid infringment .

Basic black faceplate .with the round numberd dials, pull boost, pull bright
and a pull contour that would give the famous Mesa V scoop . you would sell a TON

Quite honestly due to demand I would have figured Randall would have been working on this long ago.

Every modular forum requests the scoop rythm and rich lead tone of the Mesa mk amps

Hi,as Hyenik said, I was thinking about it, but I stated that in mesa MARK series is a few things, which are hard to build into the module.
Mesa MARK II, IIc, III, IV uses more tube stages than MTS concept allows.
Another problematic thing is Graphic EQ. It uses five inductors, which are physically too big.

I think that MESA BOOGIE Caliber (or Dual Caliber) series is simplified MARK series.
I think that Calibers CAN be cloned into the module. But, however, without Graphic EQ or Contour control (contour uses inductors too).

This is my attitude for now.
Next year I can change my mind :wink:

salvation said:

I don't think tube stages is that big of a dealbreaker though... a dual rectifier has five, our modules can only support four. The SL60 and SLO (two totally different schematics) both have more than four too.

Have to agree with you on the inductors/5 band EQ though, and I have had offers to clone mark series amps... I tend to refer them to the Ultra Lead, which is in Boogie territory.

A true mark series clone without the 5 band fx loop sounds super nasally. I've owned over 1/2 dozen mark series, great amps, but without the eq they sound terrible in my opinion.

Pete

okstrat said:
salvation said:

I don't think tube stages is that big of a dealbreaker though... a dual rectifier has five, our modules can only support four. The SL60 and SLO (two totally different schematics) both have more than four too.

Have to agree with you on the inductors/5 band EQ though, and I have had offers to clone mark series amps... I tend to refer them to the Ultra Lead, which is in Boogie territory.

A true mark series clone without the 5 band fx loop sounds super nasally. I've owned over 1/2 dozen mark series, great amps, but without the eq they sound terrible in my opinion.

Pete

Hi Pete, I don?t agree.
Our modules supports four tube stages, but fifth tube stage (i.e. first tube stage in signal path) is already built in each RM amp.
So, we have 5 tube stages for emulation.
XTC or RECTO would not sound even close without it.

But Mesa MARK series uses 6 tube stages.
I have to found how important is sixth gain stage (before FX loop send).

Graphic EQ may be emulated by plugging some GEQ stompox (for example MXR) into the FX loop.

SL60 and SLO 100 are NOT totally different schematics.
Higain preamp channel (which can be built into the MTS module) is THE SAME (with differentness of two components) on both.
In my module I wired / emulated SLO100 overdrive part of curcuit.

Main difference betweeen these two is that SL60 is one channel only (with two different sensitivity inputs) and SL 60 uses 2 6L6 in power amp.
Higain preamp channel on SL60 is the same famous higain curcuit as on SLO100.

Anthony
SALVATION

edit: MESA MARK theme: Another Hard-to-MTS-build thing is, that for example MARK IV in Lead mode needs TWO gain controls, which are interactive (regular GAIN and LEAD drive). Modules supports only 5 potentiometers.

Have a look at the Soldano schematics...

http://schematicheaven.com/newamps/soldano_super_lead%20_60.pdf

http://schematicheaven.com/newamps/soldano_slo100.pdf

2 different cathode resistor values (V1b and V1a) , the cap paralleling the 470k stage off of V1b, V2b on the SLO hs a 2.2 M resistor I don't see on the SL60, Resistor going to ground off the fx loop is 2.2k on the SLO, 4.7k on the SL60.

Plus I count seven stages on the SLO to the tone stack, but six on the SL60. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, schematics are listed above. Sure looks like 7 vs 6 to me.

Pete

okstrat said:

2 different cathode resistor values (V1b and V1a) , the cap paralleling the 470k stage off of V1b, V2b on the SLO hs a 2.2 M resistor I don't see on the SL60, Resistor going to ground off the fx loop is 2.2k on the SLO, 4.7k on the SL60.

Plus I count seven stages on the SLO to the tone stack, but six on the SL60. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, schematics are listed above. Sure looks like 7 vs 6 to me.

Pete

Pete.
I talk about OVERDRIVE curcuit.
Not about whole amp, including FX loop and clean channel.

But....OK, this is your truth. I have mine:)

Firefighter1428 said:
would you two quit fighting... Please!!!

HAHA NOO!!!! even though everthing that they talk about is completely over my head ! I find these conversations interesting to read :p !!!

salvation said:
okstrat said:

Pete

Pete.
I talk about OVERDRIVE curcuit.
Not about whole amp, including FX loop and clean channel.

But....OK, this is your truth. I have mine:)

I went from input jack to tone stack on each amp... I always figured a schematic was pretty cut and dry, no different truths apply.

Firefighter - no arguing going on here, we're just having a discussion. Arguing is what kids on Harmony Central do :)

:shock: ...I just saw the schematic.....this is why I let the pros do the mods...or at the very least, do alot of the hand holding! It's all freaking Norwegian to me. :lol: ....but it is cool to read these to hash it out....as professionals of course! :wink: The UFC o the soldering guns!! :twisted: