Seeking module advice

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goSteelers

Reaction score
New to the Synergy system, but I think it's great and I have already picked up a number of modules -- BMAN, OS, PLEXI, Vai, Morgan AC and Soldano SLO. With Synergy running a sale on modules now, it may be a good time to pick up one or two more, but only if I can add significantly to the sound palette I already have. I know there is a lot of overlap in the sound textures of some of the modules, and I don't want to spend money on something that's too similar to what I already have.

I play mostly 70s and 80s rock. Not a heavy metal guy at all -- the closest I come might be some Steve Vai, Steve Morse or Extreme -- and I think many of the Synergy modules are geared toward metal. I play mostly humbuckers, and I use a Fryette LXII running into Tone Tubby Alnico 12's.

So, my question is, given my tastes and the modules I already have, are there any other modules to consider at this time? I think the ones I have span a large spectrum of sounds, with very little overlap. Are there some others that would add to it even more, significantly so? I know that they are all at least a little different, but I am looking for something that's not going to be too close to what I already have. Maybe one of the Friedman's? The SLO has all the gain I will ever need, but are some of the higher gain modules tonally different enough, without being to heavy metal oriented? I also own a Mesa Triaxis, so I don't think the IICP would be worthwhile for me.

I know there are a hundred ways to look at this, and it's all very subjective, but any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MK

New to the Synergy system, but I think it's great and I have already picked up a number of modules -- BMAN, OS, PLEXI, Vai, Morgan AC and Soldano SLO. With Synergy running a sale on modules now, it may be a good time to pick up one or two more, but only if I can add significantly to the sound palette I already have. I know there is a lot of overlap in the sound textures of some of the modules, and I don't want to spend money on something that's too similar to what I already have.

I play mostly 70s and 80s rock. Not a heavy metal guy at all -- the closest I come might be some Steve Vai, Steve Morse or Extreme -- and I think many of the Synergy modules are geared toward metal. I play mostly humbuckers, and I use a Fryette LXII running into Tone Tubby Alnico 12's.

So, my question is, given my tastes and the modules I already have, are there any other modules to consider at this time? I think the ones I have span a large spectrum of sounds, with very little overlap. Are there some others that would add to it even more, significantly so? I know that they are all at least a little different, but I am looking for something that's not going to be too close to what I already have. Maybe one of the Friedman's? The SLO has all the gain I will ever need, but are some of the higher gain modules tonally different enough, without being to heavy metal oriented? I also own a Mesa Triaxis, so I don't think the IICP would be worthwhile for me.

I know there are a hundred ways to look at this, and it's all very subjective, but any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MK
You should try the Uberschall module...