Sl+ problems suddenly low volume!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente99

Reaction score
I putted in my Sl+ to play around and suddenly it so quiet. Level was cranked up and master about 1 o'clock and it is a bedroom volume and it is very muddy.

Maybe the Tubes are broken, or which parts of the signal path determine the volume, because i soldered a 0,0022 uf in C3 and maybe i ruined other parts.

hope somebodey can help me!1

greetz

If its not the tubes then check the solder joints. A good solder joint is only heated enough to melt for a few seconds. Any longer and it turns into slag.

Hello!!

The tubes are ok, and i think the solder joints are also good, i put it out and in again with new solder, and the same thing.

What could it be?

Thanks

Is this only happening on this module? If so then one of the parts are damaged if it's not the tubes or solder joints. You will need to start checking parts. The C3 cap you put on might be bad. New parts sometimes fail.

Pictures are always good to help troubleshooting. Anyway, if it happened directly after putting in a new C3, then its 99% sure that it is the new cap that is broken or that you didn't do a good enough solder job. That is my 10 cents.
///G