Super V & Brahma Mods - Will they ever surface?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The following is a post taken from the Promise from Steve Baldwin thread it may be of interest to you bro... notice the date of the post is April 12 2007 and the promise is 10 - 14 days... today is day 14 and no mods or updates... no suprises either.

RD/MAN
The Head Honcho

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khing,

You guys should get them only a day or 2 after the U.S. customers. We're filling both U.S. and Canada orders at the same time, so it should only be another 10-14 days for everyone.

I will keep everybody posted.

Thanks!!

I've edited this post cuz I was so busy earlier, I had to cut short...

jimiosity... the only reason I have held on this long is because this amp is killer. I have the grail mod plus a tweed and recto loaner and so far the tones are emmaculate.
Had this amp turned out mediocre I would have scrapped the hole idea long ago and it would be sitting at the dealership now waiting to be sold.
The fact that Bruce Egnater and George Lynch designed this amp are whats saving it... as for Randall they will have to redeem themselves somehow... apparently I have some shirts and other swag coming my way... thats cool cuz I like that stuff but it had better be something fucking real special to make me want to send money Randall's way in the future... once bitten twice shy.

Khing

FunkyMunkMusic says the Brahma ships May 21st.....they've been pretty reliable vendor so far....of course they could just be parotting what Randall told 'em :shock: ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150122561091

72 of them are finished as of today, and 10 of the first 72 are shipping to us this week. WE should have them in the building by the end of this week.

FINALLY.

Jon
Funky Munky music

www.funkymunkymusic.com said:
72 of them are finished as of today, and 10 of the first 72 are shipping to us this week. WE should have them in the building by the end of this week.

FINALLY.

Jon
Funky Munky music

Man that Brahma is so tempting :twisted:

See..these guys are great :D

the stories I could tell.......

Trust me guys....things ARE getting better on the availability front.

I've championed these amps, and have owned 3 rm100's and an rm 50, done several mods and had a lot of fun with them....

YES it has been frustrating with the wait on these.

and YES, the wait on the brahma will be worth it.....there is a reason it is george's favorite module

George did a clinic with us back in November and just lit up talking about the brahma. He's enjoying randall, and it is good to see him happy after the disasterous relationship with peavey.

George is a great guy, and very approachable. He swears that in blind tests he actually prefers the brahma to is #1 68 plexi.

I'm stoked!

I know where 1 of the 10 we have is going 8)

Jon

I've met George a half dozen times over the years; usually getting him to sign some of the ESP Lynch signature series guitars I've got.
Always an awesome guy to talk to, very down to earth.

I remember talking to him during one tour and he was playing all kinds of different guitars, including PRS's and a strat.

I had taken him my ESP Kamikaze for him to sign that night and he sat and played it for a few minutes and said, "This thing plays great, this is a cool guitar..." So I said, what's up with the lack of ESPs...he said the strat he was playing was a Fender Mexican strat he picked up at a store near his house then stuck an ESP logo on it... Strange...

Now if he'd just come back thru Cincy again so I could get him to sign my Serpent II...

I love the Mr. Scary module and the Grail actually gave me a reason to sell my Mesa Recording Recto preamp since it had that tone...so what the hell...I might as well jump on the Brahma even though I'm still a little bitter about the insane wait...Purchasing from eBay right now...Can't wait!

yeah, tell me about the wait :(

I do see light at the end of the tunnel!!

I was able to score the proto superV module at the summer namm show in austin (scored the whole amp actually) :wink:

so, the brahma was the only module I have been waiting for....got to hear a proto of it in anaheim, and yes it sounded good, but couldn't crank it with the SOUND POLICE all over the place.

I too am looking forward to the brahma, and YES while George initially approved the 4 modules at different times, they ALL 4 have been approved for some time now, but due to a series of unfortunate TRUTHFUL events, ALL module production has been slowed.

I have some modules that have been back ordered since DECEMBER of 2005!!!!!!!! (I'm not kidding)

I have been through mundelien 7 times for buiz with us music over the last 3 years, and I can verify that some assembly is done in house, but with EDEN moving down to chicago from the twin cities last summer, and ramping up production on both modules and eden circuit embedding and final assembly, things got a little wacky.

Out of respect for Randall, I won't go into details, but I will say this......

I believe the bumps in the road were growing pains, and the QC issues were addressed. The stuff comming from mundelien right now is REALLY good quality.

I LOVE the MTS line.....My pocket book is proof........

Just wait......I've got some sic pictures to post of one of a king MTS heads comming soon......

WE were the largest independently owned Randall dealer for 2006, and BEILEVE ME when I say, there are good things comming with this brand, and it is about to BLOW UP (in a good way)

my $.02

Sorry about being a NEWB on a soap box.

We have our own forum, which is in its infancy if you guys would like to take a look.

www.armleg.com/funkymunkymusic

thanks!!

Jon

www.funkymunkymusic.com said:
I've got some sic pictures to post of one of a king MTS heads comming soon......

What is this you speak of?
Enlighten us, please!!!

<I just bought one of the Brahma modules from your eBay auction by the way!>

With Doug's approval, we have been in contact with George about doing some one off paint schemes...Piano style finish with Chewy, US Music's painter.

HOPEFULLY we will have some things to talk about shortly

Thanks for the good words of encouragement Jon.
I too have met George... super guy very down to earth... just so happens he is super talented as well.
So far I'm very happy with the Lynch Box Headand Cab and the Grail module.

Khing

You bring up a great point....

THE CAB!!! no one really talks about the cab....its modelled after a 1972 HIWATT cab that george used. It is direct coupled to the floor, and is Vented out the bottom rear....

AND the speakers are modelled after a FANE driver that was used in that cab.

I have yet to try ANY amp with it and not sound good.

Jon

For those who are interested in buying a Brahma module I've just got word that Brookdale music has 3 Brahma's in hand.

Like I've said, they hook us up here greatly on MTS modules with a great discount - so this shipment only, the 3 remaining modules are $199 each - first come first served.

Here's the # you need to call, ask for Anthony and tell him I sent ya (Mike):

630-983-5100 x13
www.brookdalemusic.com

Enjoy - I can't wait till I get my module in as soon as I get back from vacation!

I ordered all of my Lynch gear from Brookdale about a year ago and have everything except the SuperV and the Brahma... Just completed payment on the Brahma yesterday and it's being shipped TODAY!

I think I'm going to faint... :oops:

Just paid for one through Brookdale - and will be picking it up tomorrow (as they are a bit north of where my band practices at). I can't wait to try this out tomorrow night!h :twisted: :twisted:

Hey guys,
please post your thoughts and review on the Brahma. Love to hear your impressions of it.
T.

tung said:
Hey guys,
please post your thoughts and review on the Brahma. Love to hear your impressions of it.
T.

+1 .. especially if it can be compared to Mr Scary...which I believe it may be beased on.

Aparently George developed the Brahma and Mr Scary to work together as a team like a two channel amp would... aparently they are very similar but with tweeks for rythm and lead... could be wrong tho. I did read it somewhere just not sure how true it is... you see I still do not have mine yet!

Khing

Anybody have any new date info on the Super V???? I've been holding out on getting a clean tone module, but have a show June 1st and have to get something really quick. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Joe V

LynchisGod said:
Anybody have any new date info on the Super V???? I've been holding out on getting a clean tone module, but have a show June 1st and have to get something really quick. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Joe V

WE have SEVERAL Super V's that are supposed to be in the building by memorial day

Jon