Synergy Diezel Herbert in MTS problem solved !

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telmar

Reaction score
Hi again,
I was able to find out what's missing, and I thought it's better to start a new thread with a new headline for folks who search for a fix for this.
As I mentioned before, the problem is not the recessed pin "C" that carries the anode voltage.
The issue is that the Herbert module makes use of the two pins "H" and "J" and these pins are not uses my any other module.
So far, so good, but what are these pins for ?

Attachments

• Modul pinout.jpg
    Modul pinout.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Herbert-Problem.jpg
    Herbert-Problem.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is the solution !

The "Herbert" uses an OpAmp, probably for some active filtering, that needs a bipolar voltage, usually +/- 15 Volts to work.

Here is the way the current flows:
1.) Voltage input at pins "J" (positive) and "H" (negative)
2.) 22 Ohm resistors R30 (positive) and R32 (negative)
3.) regulators "IC1" (78L12 / positive)and "IC2" (79L12 / negative)
4.) OpAmp pin "8" (positive) and pin "4" (negative)

So all you need is to built a tiny +/- 15 Volt (+/- 13,7 Volt in theory) power supply and connect it to pin "J" (positive) and pin "H" negative

BUT PLEASE CHECK MY DRAWING ! ! !

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED OR BURNER EQUIPMENT ! ! !

Attachments

• Synergy-Herbert-OpAmp-voltages.jpg
    Synergy-Herbert-OpAmp-voltages.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 0
I don't have a mini PSU at hand, but I got a bigger one to test my findings, and guess what ... It's working !

Attachments

• ConnectionBip.jpg
    ConnectionBip.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 0
One correction please !
I said "connectors H and G" in the video, but it's "connectors H and J" !

Attachments

• Video-proof.mp4
    28.9 MB
No problem, I am into Synergy-MTS for about three months now, and I've drawn a lot of information from this forum.
So being a technician myself, I thought it's time to give something back to the community. :cool:

By the way ...
Is here a technician in this forum who is able to measure the exact voltages used by Synergy ?
One would have to measure the 5th and 6th contact of the lower row, counting from left to right against ground (housing, etc.).
I am just curious what's exactly going on ... ;)