The Grail mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
OK, this one has me interested too....It's a changeover from a 470 resistor to a 150 1/2 watt in the first few resistors....

It's interesting how many modules adopted that....Anyone do this as a standard....Or at all? Is there an argument that the 470 is better, possibly more Brown?

Also the JCM mod is just one resistor swap?

Thanks guys....

I've been thru this all before but killed those brain cells so I'm back for more....:)

Not sure i understand what you mean about the resistor stuff,

But there is an equation basically, so just because something adopts it, doesn't mean it's all great if everything else down the signal chain is dramatically different.

If it sounds good great! If not, try again!

The JCM mod is a resistor AND a cap change. But there is dangerous voltage on the resistor change if your switching, otherwise do whatever you want!

I did that to my Plexi . Changed R1 , R2 , and R3 from the 470's to the 150's and it seemed to decrease the gain a bit. Not a lot but noticeable. Think I like it better with the 470's. But doing that to my SL+ is definitely an improvement.