THE NEW RM100CBP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctgblue

Reaction score
with a Deluxe and Treadplate in there
REALLY like the deluxe, spent 30 mins just playing light crunchy blues, just the right amount of breakup for a clean blues module
I like the treadplate too. very smooth and warm, would like more gain, but the right basic tone (MUCH quieter than my peavey high gain channels too)
Still waiting on a plexi and ultra xl to show up
I am messing with the EFX MIX, THIS AMP sends A HUGE SIGNAL to the efx loop and keeps clipping the outboard eq

This thing also has major separation of the speaker path, when I move I go in and out of each path like no other amp I've ever had

CTGBLUERM100CBP.jpg

I must say I DI NOT want the combo, it IS nice, but too **** heavy. If I had seen the KH head, it would be mine.

That said, Funky Munky Music made me a hell of a deal on the new combo and the two modules, selling the new 'out of box' modules for what used ones go for here

very cool, man. I really like the Palomino colour scheme.

ctgblue said:
messing with the EFX MIX, THIS AMP sends A HUGE SIGNAL to the efx loop and keeps clipping the outboard eq

this is a known issue with these amps. You can either use a device to attenuate the signal out of the loop send, buy different gear with enough headroom to deal with it, or reduce the levels of each module and up the Master Volume to compensate.

I had pedals that worked fine in the loop of my old JCM900 that just wouldn't get along with the loop of the RM100. Although I am running my modules levels lower now, so those old pedals may be worth revisiting...

I'm moving the output to the serial loop to see if that helps.
I have never had this problem with other amps.
I don't get any mix into the signal until I get the level knob almost 75%, where every other amp started feeding signal in at 10-15%. I could run 25% mix and get some extra EQ no problem on the Laney, and there was noticeable effect on the Peavey with the send/return knobs at 12 o'clock

ctgblue said:
I like the treadplate too. very smooth and warm, would like more gain, but the right basic tone

I don't think 'more gain' is the problem with a Treadplate
as you start dialing up, you'll notice after a certain point, the compression increases and starts choking the harmonics, so as 'gain' goes up, the edge gets diminished

Nightdare said:
I don't think 'more gain' is the problem with a Treadplate
as you start dialing up, you'll notice after a certain point, the compression increases and starts choking the harmonics, so as 'gain' goes up, the edge gets diminished

Yea, I think Rob is going to get this one in the future to do a basic upgrade and revoicing to include more gain but tighter

I got the same amp from funkymunky via their ebay store. It was a hell of a price for one too. Yes, it weighs about 100 lbs without mods and thats a bummer. Is there anyone who makes headshells to convert it into a head?