This is our chance, MTS publicity

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
Want to get more MTS modules/amps and more attention for MTS?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/what-is-the-best-guitar-amplifier-in-the-world-today-511727

Musicrader is having a vote for the best amplifiers of today. If we all add our votes for "Randall MTS / Egnater Modular" maybe they will get into the top 10. Hopefully that can open some eyes at US Music or light a fire under Bruce's ***! ;)

I get that most "tone junkies" are stuck on there beloved boutique amplifiers, but come on now. It's kind of stupid to note on the mts bandwagon!! Granted the general populous isn't the brightest I know (present company excluded of course). MTS gives the best of all worlds with out dumping two grand every time you have a boutique craving, but. We already know this. And the tones thanks to guys like Anthony, rob and Scott are only getting better!!

Rod Welles (known here as rod) I've known personally for quite a long time although Im sure he doesn't realize who I am yet lol. But he turned me on too the mts stuff and he has probably the best ear I know when it comes to great tone and has owned some of the most promo boutique stuff out there!! Anyway, rant over get people on board and let's get Randall and egnater to start doing what they should be with this line!!

Hey guys. I don't want to be the proverbial "party pooper," but are you really seriously trying to say MTS is the "best amp" you can buy? With all the build quality issues and lack luster stock modules? I see at least one post a week about "My Randall took a crap", "Help me fix my problem", "Mystery issue with my Randall RMXXX", etc. I'm a die hard user of MTS, I probably have more invested in the line than 90% of the users. It's very versatile and a fairly inexpensive way to get a bunch of expensive, high quality amps. There is no possible way I could afford or inventory all the amp heads I can clone with MTS. That said, it's not even in the top 5 of amps I own. I wouldn't say it's in the top 10 of amps I've played. Sorry guys, I could not honestly vote for the MTS line. Sorry to "rain" on the parade.

If Trace @ Voodoo or Anthony @ Salvation would build a ground up, hand-wired, quality component filled, hand built amp. You might be closer to the ballpark, but seriously saying an inexpensive, mass produced amp is better than a hand-wired amp is just ridiculous, IMHO.

Go ahead and flame me, I'm just being honest.

drewiv said:
Hey guys. I don't want to be the proverbial "party pooper," but are you really seriously trying to say MTS is the "best amp" you can buy? With all the build quality issues and lack luster stock modules? I see at least one post a week about "My Randall took a crap", "Help me fix my problem", "Mystery issue with my Randall RMXXX", etc. I'm a die hard user of MTS, I probably have more invested in the line than 90% of the users. It's very versatile and a fairly inexpensive way to get a bunch of expensive, high quality amps. There is no possible way I could afford or inventory all the amp heads I can clone with MTS. That said, it's not even in the top 5 of amps I own. I wouldn't say it's in the top 10 of amps I've played. Sorry guys, I could not honestly vote for the MTS line. Sorry to "rain" on the parade.

If Trace @ Voodoo or Anthony @ Salvation would build a ground up, hand-wired, quality component filled, hand built amp. You might be closer to the ballpark, but seriously saying an inexpensive, mass produced amp is better than a hand-wired amp is just ridiculous, IMHO.

I'm not going to flame you, this is just your opinion and that's fine.

In my opinion though, "best" is where this goes wrong. ;) My definition of best is that it has high quality AND huge versatility / expandability. In that respect I think it kicks most amp's asses. Road King, JVM ... these amps try to get close, but they are impossibly complicated due to it and you still miss the combination of those sounds (Marshall / Mesa).

So the best amp for me? Randall with modded modules
The best amp period (quality wise) .. I'd say SLO100.

Out of curiosity: which amps would you rate higher?

m0jo said:
drewiv said:

I'm not going to flame you, this is just your opinion and that's fine.

In my opinion though, "best" is where this goes wrong. ;) My definition of best is that it has high quality AND huge versatility / expandability. In that respect I think it kicks most amp's asses. Road King, JVM ... these amps try to get close, but they are impossibly complicated due to it and you still miss the combination of those sounds (Marshall / Mesa).

So the best amp for me? Randall.
The best amp period (quality wise) .. I'd say SLO100.

Versatility, I give MTS an A+. This is why I own so much of the gear.
Quality, I give MTS a C-. This is why I will not rank it above the SLO-100, Voodoo V-Rock, Cameron CCV, etc.

Please don't take this as I'm bashing MTS. I own TONS of it, literally. Many people around here know how much MTS gear I own. The most versatile amp line around, just not the best.

I plugged my vote in for the MTS. Granted before I read all of the posts. :p Drew your entitled to your opinion. Obviously your not just pouring out hate because your a (insert amp manufacturer name here) fanboy.
Best is not quantifiable mainly because it is too broad. Best what, quality, tone, customer service, tweakability, etc. Now are any of these more important than others to some & that affects their opinion. Ex touring musician: may think the MTS is the most flexibile, tweakable tone monster on the planet, but if he/she has to deal with constant issues breakdowns & lack of customer service, for them it probably doesn't rank in the top 100. Me: not a touring musician, have not really had any "serious" issues (so far). I can have this stuff tweaked a ton & at a fraction of the cost, & the tones are awesome (especially the pro-mods). I have it ranked pretty high... definately in the top 10 and to be honest I would say top 5.

Definitely not pouring out hate. I absolutely LOVE the MTS line, but it has it's drawbacks - that's all. I wish it was a little more of a quality build, that's my primary issue with the gear. I personally haven't had any issues, but I'm on top of caring for my gear. The tone is good with stock modules and great with modded modules. I think everyone would agree, the quality of the gear has question marks.

Please don't ban me, there is no hate in my mini-rant. I never plan on getting rid of my rig, I just have a few amps that would rate a bit higher all-around. I've also been lucky enough to have played through a few others.

EDIT: I guess if I'm being completely honest with myself it's in my top 10 as well. Simply because it's still here and I don't own 10 amps.