This is the tone that i want

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100

Reaction score
This is the tone i want can anyone instruct me on how to get it besides buying all her gear.

http://www.gretchenmenn.com/

the second video on her audio/video page is the one i really liked.

I want her hands around my, uh, neck.

I would say one of the Orange mods or similar. The tone on the Scrapmetal vid is pretty muddy, heavy on low end, mid gain, and loose.

The second vid shows her using an Engl.

How different is the sound of an orange rockerverb vs a recto? I looked on her gear page it said she was using a modified engl. my stock recto modular can be pretty muddy.

She definably sexy, I don't if my ego could handle Darin a girl who can play better than me.

nomad100 said:
This is the tone i want can anyone instruct me on how to get it besides buying all her gear.

http://www.gretchenmenn.com/

the second video on her audio/video page is the one i really liked.

Sounds like an Engl to me. Contact Anthony, as he offers different versions of the Angel these days.

Other than that, I'd suggest great sounding alder body Strat, a "true" Floyd Rose (not the Korean made version because the metallurgy is wrong) with a Duncan bridge JB trembucker and a Jazz in the neck. Or, a great sounding Les Paul. :D

Good luck!

I like a loose feel without the mudd, I didn't like the tone of the first video as much as the second.

She's awful on the eyes and a crap player....

Can you imagine the rep that discovered her? It must have been a handful of notes in...Wow, what a gold mine she will be....

As the band Caviar once said, "she got the gold mine, I got the shaft.". They also drop "William Howard Taft" into that song...but I digress....

Hot, young, and awesome is no way to go through life though...my heart goes out to her...

Mattfig said:
...Hot, young, and awesome is no way to go through life though...my heart goes out to her...
Animal+House+2.jpg

Mattfig said:
Oh yeah, that tone is hit by Angel for sure....it's pretty layered in parts and I would also add Rob's XMG for some of that work...
I'm thinking the XMG might be my next module after the Camerock.

gag halfrunt said:
DOH! I just realized she's the lead player from Zepparella. They kick ***.

And Stu Hamm is rocking out on this girl's album.

I saw Stu in there too. Must have some chops to get Stu to play the thumping parts.

There's also far less gain in that tone than you might think, which I absolutely love and appreciate greatly. It's a very "clean" distortion and really let's the excellent playing shine with great detail.

Why is she carting her own gear around in the first half of the video lol... Anyone else find her playing similar to early Vinnie moore? I wasn't a huge fan of the tone though.. I would prefer it a tad tighter. I would think that a gainier module would hit that as it def doesn't sound like it is tightened by a screamer or OD. If there is one downfall to her playing though, it is vibrato. Thought that was weak and that is usually what sets the greats apart! She's **** good though.

I borrowed a buddies guitar this week and realized most of my tone problems are my emg pickups, which came stock in my guitars. One was a present from my x wife and one someone traded me for a broken amp. I got close with the sl+ and a Mesa widebody ported 1x12. I'm not sure if having my modules modded would get me the tone I want the character of the amp is pretty dark, and without a lot of mids.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Why is she carting her own gear around in the first half of the video lol... Anyone else find her playing similar to early Vinnie moore? I wasn't a huge fan of the tone though.. I would prefer it a tad tighter. I would think that a gainier module would hit that as it def doesn't sound like it is tightened by a screamer or OD. If there is one downfall to her playing though, it is vibrato. Thought that was weak and that is usually what sets the greats apart! She's **** good though.

Nahh,dont here Vinny Moore for sure...actually went back and watched again when I read this becasue Vinny is a monster shredder........not even close to being in his league to me.....Stu Hamm sure tore it up,but wasnt really that impressed with her....

Well I was trying to be nice! She is technically proficient and some of her phrasing reminded me of older Vinnie Moore but slower. Agreed though, she is not in that class at all but she does have some chops.