to unlock this amp do this with your bbe sonic maximizer

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
i haven't seen this posted yet so i'm assuming no one has tried it. if you use a bbe sonic maximizer don't run it through the series loop, instead run it throught the paralell loop and crank the effects knob on the front.

I love my MTS amp, so no need to mess with a BBE.

Of course if that setup is working for you, then enjoy!

I have a bbe and it stays mostly off than on. This head doesnt need it, unlike my old marshall valvestate where it worked wonders as an eq/enhancer. You might wanna check your tubes/bias according to your post.

Um, something is not right. One possibility is that your amp is not biased correctly. As far as yours being the best piece of information on this sight ... hmmm, I've learned a whole bunch of really very, very, very cool things from other posts and other members.

In fact you say the MTS amps are crap on an MTS forum site.

If you are Trolling, you will not find much satisfaction on this forum. Everybody here is very cool and I have never seen a single flame war once since I've been here. If not then keep an open mind and we'll try to help.

:wink:

3 Mile Stone said:
Um, something is not right. One possibility is that your amp is not biased correctly. As far as yours being the best piece of information on this sight ... hmmm, I've learned a whole bunch of really very, very, very cool things from other posts and other members.

In fact you say the MTS amps are crap on an MTS forum site.

If you are Trolling, you will not find much satisfaction on this forum. Everybody here is very cool and I have never seen a single flame war once since I've been here. If not then keep an open mind and we'll try to help.

:wink:
I think your 100% correct my friend :D

I loved what the BBE did for my RM50 Combo, but it didn't make much of difference on my RM100. Both were biased properly, and the same tubes were used. Go figure.

Funny...most people say the best way to make an amp sound good with the Sonic Maximizer is not to plug it in at all ;-) This was certainly true of my Dual Recto.

If you like it, more power to ya...I like to use a little EQ or boost...if it sounds good, use it I say!

Yeah, I always heard that a Sonic Maximizer is a sure-fire ticket to getting buried in a mix. Apparently, they make you sound massive when playing alone, but you get lost in a full band mix. Never tried one myself though so that could be a alot of bull. But Ive never felt I needed to try one. I always liked the tone of any amp Ive bought and I just crank the hell out of them until they sound as good as possible ;)

-Matt

JKD said:
Funny...most people say the best way to make an amp sound good with the Sonic Maximizer is not to plug it in at all ;-) This was certainly true of my Dual Recto.

If you like it, more power to ya...I like to use a little EQ or boost...if it sounds good, use it I say!

+1 I though it was going to say throw the BBE Away as a joke thread.

All things considered I found too that the best place for my parametric EQ was the parallel loop as well. It sounded good through the series loop and between the power amp and preamp (MTS Rack) but there's just some special somethin' about it in the parallel...

~Kurt

Try running a 1 foot jumper from the send to the return of the paralell loop and crank the level. It makes for a nice boost.

I tried a BBE Sonic Stomp through my RM100, Bogner Uberschall, and my Mesa Dual Recto. I didn't care for it through any of them. Ended up selling the BBE. However, in the past I used the rack mount version (422A) with my ADA MP1 and that sounded good. I'm thinking the Sonic Stomp version of the BBE is not equivalent to the old rack mounted 422A version. Some types of amps sound better than others with the BBE. I don't think my RM100, Uberschall, or Dual Recto need it.

Yes, the Uber is unreal! I run mine through a Mesa 4x12 with Celestion V30's in it. Someday I'd like to add an Uberkab but that will have to wait.

i take it back make sure your tubes are biased hot for 6l6's and get rid of the sonic maximizer

Yeah I experimented with the Sonic Maximizer back when I had an RM100 and found that I liked the tone stock way more than I did with the BBE switched on. The thing is that the EQ curve seems to simulate a scooped "V" curve, so when you're jamming in your room it sounds bigger because there is more bass and more highs coming at you, but when you play it in a band setting you'll get lost in the mix without any mids in your tone! :? Best bet? Double-check your tube bias and crank that puppy up, you'll be good to go! 8)