Tonegrinder 12AX7 replacement

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
Daryl said:
LOL :lol:
I knew you guys would do a great job of ripping these "transistors" a new *******. "Tone Grinder" what the hell is that name supposed to conjure up anyway? Maybe the grinding of teeth when you realize that you forked over $90 for these pieces of junk. And they supposedly last forever, so you get to suffer buyers remorse for years to come.
Seriously, shouldn't we be financially supporting the real tube market? If we play tube amps should we not create a demand for really great tubes? If we don't supply the demand for premium quality, reasonably priced, and readily available tubes, then we are really shooting ourselves in the foot, so to speak. The variety of manufacturers and configurations is part of what drives GAS and keeps us searching for that elusive tube/rig combination that just gets it done better than anything else. While a daunting task to find that perfect configuration, it is part of the experience and it is fun to try new things. If you guys keep one poor zit faced kid from spending all his allowance on packing his Spidervalve with Tonegrinders, then you have done a service to the musical community. :D
Guitar Johnny thanks you...
tman.jpg

Maybe I missed something, but is that kid married???

He's hot for teacher...
Or.
Maybe it's one of those promise/abstinence rings that are popular amongst the Jonas Brothers/Disney crowd. Either way he's gonna regret it. That and those sunglasses. :)

Daryl said:
Mattfig said:
Daryl said:
LOL :lol:
I knew you guys would do a great job of ripping these "transistors" a new *******. "Tone Grinder" what the hell is that name supposed to conjure up anyway? Maybe the grinding of teeth when you realize that you forked over $90 for these pieces of junk. And they supposedly last forever, so you get to suffer buyers remorse for years to come.
Seriously, shouldn't we be financially supporting the real tube market? If we play tube amps should we not create a demand for really great tubes? If we don't supply the demand for premium quality, reasonably priced, and readily available tubes, then we are really shooting ourselves in the foot, so to speak. The variety of manufacturers and configurations is part of what drives GAS and keeps us searching for that elusive tube/rig combination that just gets it done better than anything else. While a daunting task to find that perfect configuration, it is part of the experience and it is fun to try new things. If you guys keep one poor zit faced kid from spending all his allowance on packing his Spidervalve with Tonegrinders, then you have done a service to the musical community. :D
Guitar Johnny thanks you...
tman.jpg

Maybe I missed something, but is that kid married???

He's hot for teacher...
Or.
Maybe it's one of those promise/abstinence rings that are popular amongst the Jonas Brothers/Disney crowd. Either way he's gonna regret it. That and those sunglasses. :)

Never heard of a promise/absitinence ring...But now that I think about it, I have one...My wedding ring....I've been duped!