Treadplate or Grail?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptrd

Reaction score
Im looking for more of a dual rec sound - mainly the low end. I cant decide between the Treadplate and the Grail. I will most likely be sending them off to be modded. What is the difference between the two? I own a 1086. Can the 1086 be modded to get the rectifier low end rumble?

if you're going to have it modded anyway go treadplate.

board is the same just a couple caps and resistors difference.
the extra cost is for the fancy faceplate and lynch's name.

Also if you're handy with a soldering iron theres lots of info on here on how to mod it from recto/treadplate to grail specs.

droptrd said:
Does the Grail Module sound that much better than the Treadplate module?

Honestly thats a matter of tastes, but yeah most seem to prefer grail over treadplate.

But like I said you can easily convert a treadplate to grail.

droptrd said:

Never played a Grail......but I have had the T-plate and my Pete Modded Recto back to back.....the stock Treadplate is junk in comparison...

shred-o-holic said:
droptrd said:

Never played a Grail......but I have had the T-plate and my Pete Modded Recto back to back.....the stock Treadplate is junk in comparison...

The Grail compares favourably to the Pete Modded Recto...am contemplating the ultimate mod though...Pete modded Grail ;) Really all I need is the Orange voicing mod though :D

JKD said:
shred-o-holic said:
droptrd said:

The Grail compares favourably to the Pete Modded Recto...am contemplating the ultimate mod though...Pete modded Grail ;) Really all I need is the Orange voicing mod though :D

Are you missing teh Pete Recto? :lol:

if your just going to turn around and send out a T-plate to Pete . you should just get yourself the Grail right of the hop !!! you'll be spending the same cash , but you'll have the mod right in your hands !! and it's the real deal !!! either way seems to yield great results !!!! i'd take the grail though !!!
cheers

shred-o-holic said:
JKD said:

I miss every module I've ever sold...well, apart from the 3 1086s I tried to like :lol:

JKD said:
shred-o-holic said:
JKD said:

I miss every module I've ever sold...well, apart from the 3 1086s I tried to like :lol:

Well you know as long as I have it that you'll always be able to buy it back.......it's a great module......and I'm sure I'll be using it at some point....but I seem to really be more focused on the Marshally MTS tones most of the time...

Okay well my cousin and I just spent the better part of the last 3 hours comparing both of them on my Lynch Box. I have the Grail and he has the Treadplate.

I liked the Treadplate more. It has WAY more low end and a better sounding gain IMO. It sounds really amazing with a BOSS EQ pedal and a BOSS Chorus pedal. (Chorus pedal being VERY subtle)

At one point, with some different tweaks to each, we were switching the channels between the two and the difference was SOOOO small you could barely tell a difference.

However, I think the treadplate sounds better overall.

BTW~This is an UNMODDED Treadplate with Ruby tubes in it. Stock Grail also.

you know the easiest mod you can do to a stock Mod is change the tubes in it !!! i consider that a mod!! it makes a difference!!! so i say you don't have a stock t-plate there !!although i don't actually know what the stock tube's are 8) lol

i have both mods as well in my rig .. i find there is a difference between them tone wise ... the first being that the Grail doesn't have as much saturated gain on hand as the t-plate, but the grail is way more defined and clear and very tight bass response!!!! you can get them to sound close together BUT that grail has a some mojo that the stock mod does not have .... i use my grail for all rythm stuff and save my t-plate and xtc for lead's , i switch between them for different flavor lead tones it works well !!!
cheers boys

If you're going to get a PeteMod anyway, go get whatever you can used at a decent price:
Rectified, Recto, Treadplate, Grail, blackstripe/silverface- it shouldn't matter much in the end after it's been reworked (get Pete to confirm this)