tweed module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100

Reaction score
I just recently bought a new tweed module, and compared to my blackface and sl+ it feel sluggish and i don't remember the one i tried at the store feeling this way. Is this normal?

Same guitar? I find the Tweed is inappropriate with some axes & fantastic with others (strat)

crankyrayhanky said:
Same guitar? I find the Tweed is inappropriate with some axes & fantastic with others (strat)

Ray is so right...Choice of guitar and pickups is huge...The same guitar that can give you huge Marshall thunder can sound fat and sloppy or too gainy for crystal cleans...Of course, I have a nice hollowbody with Lollar P-90s that just sings on cleans thru mid gain blues but sucks on Mesa and Marshall tones for obvious reasons...

Hmm,

all the above is good advice for using the MTS and getting good tone, but it seems if you liked in the store, you likely had a different speaker as well, that makes a big difference.

good luck!

that is true the cabinet i've had for years is a mesa 2x12. it's not so much the sound but it just felt sluggish. The last time i tired it at the store i used a 4k les paul. Usually i used an Epiphone Zakk Wylde as a test guitar, since i have one. Do modules have a break in period?

My conclusion, i want a tweed that is tighter with higher gain maybe slight boost in mids.

Have you seen a Tweed Plus? I had not heard of them, but there was one in the Randall booth at NAMM. I was really impressed with it for gainier tones.

nomad100 said:
My conclusion, i want a tweed that is tighter with higher gain maybe slight boost in mids.

I would recommend looking into the Jaded Faith Plexi Tweed modification. You can get some pretty sweet tones from Marshall Plexi to Fender Tweed. I suppose that's pretty obvious from the name... :)