Ultimate Marshall Mod?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboy5150

Reaction score
Rob (Jaded Faith) called me a couple weeks ago; he had a Brahma in for some mod work, knew I always wanted to play one. Clean tone was similar to my Pete-modded JTM which I love, but with mid tones more like a Plexi. Amazing combination of all the best clean Marshall tones, IMO. Gain on full was good for crunch rhythm, but nothing close to the full-on high gain of a JCM800 modded SL+. I'd just picked up a 2007 Plexi for him to mod, and commented that it sure would be nice to pack the clean Brahma with crunch plexi with high-gain SL+ ... all in one module.

Result: added a toggle switch; in up position, gain on 9:00 = sweet Brahma chimey clean Marshall bliss. 2:00 = classic AC/DC crunch. Flip the toggle down and Holy Jebus!! Fat plexi crunch at 9:00 with tight bass and punchy mids; past 12:00 and you get the gain of an SL+ but with the brown tone of a Plexi. We A/B'd with a JCM800-modded SL+ and the Plexi hung right in with gain; made the SL+ sound more like a DSL in comparison.

Cannot wait to play live with this beast; flip a switch between songs and it's like converting my RM100 into an RM4!!!

Aw shucks! :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words Denny and glad you are liking it. Your Plexi has to be hands down THE best Marshall tone I have heard from any MTS module yet. Both of my own personal Plexi's are going under the iron this weekend for the "Denny Mods". You said it best, it covers all the Marshall tones under the sun in one module. Glad you asked about trying to figure that one out!

Stop making me GAS for more modules, damnit! XD

I already want Pete's Blackface, the CAE 3, the 1087, the HBE, Mark Studio, and an ENGL Blackmore and Framus Cobra/Dragon module :lol:

Holy **** guys I just got my Plexi back from Rob and he turned this module into a friggin BEAST!! It covers so many Marshall tones it is unbelievable I LOVE IT!!

Thanks Rob

Oh yeah..Rob is SERIOUS under that solderin iron! :shock:
He has had his hands on a couple of my modules.......
3rd one coming up! Work your magic Rob....... 8)
Danno is out....
Happy weekend everyone!!
:D

Thank you all for the kind words. The pleasure is all mine and nothing beats bringing the smiles to your faces and getting the feedback. Now if I can just find the time to tweak both my Plexi's out to match yours.... :D

I was going to send my plexi out to Friedman for the Brown Eye. Looks like it's going to you Mr. Faith. :)

I presume I should PM you for address and cost? :wink:

JKD said:
The Brown Eye is killer...you need one of each :D
Now your talking!
I never put all my eggs in one basket. I have modules that have been modded out by several people....Friedman, Pete, Rob and some others who wish to remain QUIET! :wink:
But thats the great thing about this amp. I have a couple of plexi modules each modded by different people and they have their own "FLAVOR"...
You just gotta love this amp! 8)

I already want Pete's Blackface, the CAE 3, the 1087, the HBE, Mark Studio, and an ENGL Blackmore and Framus Cobra/Dragon module

Wait a minute...someone has a Cobra module???? More info please!!!!

Awake77 said:
I already want Pete's Blackface, the CAE 3, the 1087, the HBE, Mark Studio, and an ENGL Blackmore and Framus Cobra/Dragon module

Wait a minute...someone has a Cobra module???? More info please!!!!
Didn't say it was made, I said I wanted one :p I would have to get both the ENGL and Framus custom made. Probably by Salvation, too. I have ideas for the ENGL one though, and it should give good range for getting tones similar to a few of the amps they put out...

Rob:

My favorite crunchy Marshall tones are early VH and AC/DC. I am thinking about either getting my Plexi modded or trying to score a used Brown. How would I go about getting my Plexi module to you for this mod? How much would it cost?

Thanks,
Ricey

Ricey said:
Rob:

My favorite crunchy Marshall tones are early VH and AC/DC. I am thinking about either getting my Plexi modded or trying to score a used Brown. How would I go about getting my Plexi module to you for this mod? How much would it cost?

Thanks,
Ricey
PM sent!