Video demo for the Voxless Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Kudos to Rob for what seems to be an amazing module.
-Kudos to Fig for a great video to show off the module.
-Call me crazy, but I was really hoping for an on camera fig leaf wardrobe malfunction. :lol:

Awesome instructional!
Awesome module!
Rob one of those is going to have to come down my way.I will be in touch soon.
You guys rock.

Apart from the excellent walk-through of all the module's features, what's good about this video is the sound quality. Some YouTube audio is so bad you can't get a real feel for the tone nuances of a module. This audio is an exception. Well done Mattfig.

Great idea for the bass boost in AC30 mode...always bugged me about that circuit, does it get too tubby under gain...EDIT: seems not based on teh vid :)

Really nice work man, sounds fantastic...both of you.

Uhhh...WOW. That sounds amazing on every setting. I expected the dead-on clean and mid-gain Vox tones, but I did not expect the totally ripping high-gain sounds. I am so glad to have one of these on the way.

Good and Bad:
Good is that showed great tonal varitations from one module, well done.
Bad is now I gotta spend more dough and get one :D

JKD said:
Great idea for the bass boost in AC30 mode...always bugged me about that circuit, does it get too tubby under gain...EDIT: seems not based on teh vid :)

Really nice work man, sounds fantastic...both of you.

Firstly, thanks to all the nice compliments on the video/audio...But FWIW, this module cannot be made to sound bad so my job was easy... :D

To answer JKD's question - nope, it doesn't get flubby at all....In fact, I found it to be a key component that elevates this module above the pack...It rounds out the chime or lets the chime all the way through...It's a very useful option...Especially for single coil pickup users...

All the buyers here are gonna be very pleased...And save that tax refund...Wait 'til you see/hear what's coming!!!!

Great vid Matt.

Between your vids & Mike P's clips one can't really go wrong on tone searching.

Very nice sounding module! Great work on it, Rob! Excellent recording, Fig! Now you gotta do some more, dude! Some more exclamation points!!!!

ps !!!!!

Just when I thought my VX was going to be suitable... I see this. Well I'm now needing to send Rob 3 modules. I'm headed to the poor house for certain.

Fig, can you please make sure to show off some of the thicker tones of the Mark X. I'd really appreciate it. Also, should I keep that DLX I have kicking around for this "secret" module you keep hinting at?

sepherus said:
Just when I thought my VX was going to be suitable... I see this. Well I'm now needing to send Rob 3 modules. I'm headed to the poor house for certain.

Fig, can you please make sure to show off some of the thicker tones of the Mark X. I'd really appreciate it. Also, should I keep that DLX I have kicking around for this "secret" module you keep hinting at?

You won't regret ordering this one sepherus! It's great...For the Mark X, I plan to show off the saturation levels, thickness, tightness, and tone...As for that DLX, I would merely say to hold onto it for a bit and you will be glad...Plus, it's a pretty great module on its own already...But it can be made better... 8)

Thanks to Rob for the creation of design!
Thanks to Matt in helping us FIGure out how
this thing sounds. Great module. A keeper
by far!!
Up next in my RM is a 59RR!!!

Hey Fig, great vid man!

There's a little bit of white noise, I had the exact same noise a while ago.
I cut the shielding on my usb cable (just breaking the contact, a half cm somewhere halfway is enough), that cleared it right up.
You probably don't use a usb interface, but still, worth mentioning ;)

As for requests:
I would like some more insight into the Mamba!
Especially next to the new heavy mods you have rolling in.
Maybe a heavy fig shootout? :D

m0jo said:
Hey Fig, great vid man!

I cut the shielding on my usb cable (just breaking the contact, a half cm somewhere halfway is enough), that cleared it right up.

As for requests:

Yeah, that initial noise for the first minute was actually a fan on behind me...I was using a broadcast condenser mic and compression...You know the rest....I must have turned it off pretty quick but accidentally I slipped up in the beginning...

As for a high gain shoot out, that would be fun...I'm planning several new things now that I have a good camera and software...It's only gonna get better from here!

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Hey Fig, great vid man!

As for requests:

Yeah, that initial noise for the first minute was actually a fan on behind me...I was using a broadcast condenser mic and compression...You know the rest....I must have turned it off pretty quick but accidentally I slipped up in the beginning...

As for a high gain shoot out, that would be fun...I'm planning several new things now that I have a good camera and software...It's only gonna get better from here!
Ah ok, of course that's also a possibility ;)
I have a kind of OCD for noise haha

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Hey Fig, great vid man!

As for requests:

Ah ok, of course that's also a possibility ;)
I have a kind of OCD for noise haha

Oh, me too....Believe me, don't know how I missed it....No headphones on either didn't help... :)