Well i finally got to play with my new m4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmm785

Reaction score
And it simply Rocks!!!!

The SL2 module is by far my favorite. Definately the bomb for hotrodded high gain marshall tone! So much clarity it's amazing while still cleaning up enough in channel A for a cleaner old marshall tone.

The E-rect sounds just as good as my single module with the added flexibility of another channel to dial in a drier distorted tone . Excellent recto feel without the harsh top end! Couldn't ask for better.

The VX sounds so sweet clean and the overdrive sounds crazy good for mid gain. I just gotta make sure the bass switch is back to zero because it doesn't sound too good with it on 2. The thing that kills me is that I wish it didnt break up so quick. The TD sounds like a smooth fender with very round mids and lots of clean headroom. Like a warmer smoother version of my old blackface, though, i like a brighter clean which is why i think i'm digging the vx a bit more. The deluxe side though sounds as bluesy as they come. Great Ts-boosted fender feel with a sweet definition. Excellent tone!

Overall i'm extremely happy! Now i just gotta make up my mind in which clean module i'm going to keep.... :?

I hope to get my other m4 that i'm in-line for by next month so i can offset the cost of this bad boy. I also wanna add that bduersch was an excellent forumite to deal with. Thanks again man!

Fit right at home.... :D
100_1698.jpg

Great set-up, are you using for Boogie power section? :twisted:

What t00bs are in your Vx module?

I got the stock Sovteks in mine and am still trying to find a better replacement that doesn't gain it out too much.

Ya, i'm using the mesa as a poweramp for now. I was using the Stock sovteks too, however, i threw in a JJecc83 and a Sovtek Lps that i had laying around and it's working out great. Much smoother than before though its still breaking up around the same point. I just wished it had more headroom. I might have try a pair of 12au7s to see if that works.

That looks strangely familiar :) Glad 2 hear you're enjoying it!

Lemme know if you need any more modules or a VHT power amp... those 4 modules you've got now are looking a bit lonely. ;)

--B

bduersch said:
That looks strangely familiar :) Glad 2 hear you're enjoying it!

Lemme know if you need any more modules or a VHT power amp... those 4 modules you've got now are looking a bit lonely. ;)

--B

Lol! Thanks man, i'm gonna have to wait a little to pay some stuff off before i get anything else. This preamp is awesome though. I can't believe i waited this long to go full eggie!

Try a JAN GE 5751 preamp tube in V1 of your Vox module. That way you reduce the gain a bit and get more headroom.

Latest posts