wgs speakers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
just replaced 2 celestion g12t100's in my 4x12 with 2 wgs veteren 30's. the difference is night and day the veteren 30's have the best sound i've ever heard in a speaker, just what the celestions were missing. everything is even sounding where as the celestions had big lows and smooth highs but no middle and the wgs's have everything so although my cab kicks *** with the combo of speakers i''ll be getting 2 more veterens. fyi the veteren 30' are heavier than the g12t100 or 75( same speaker but one is higher wattage ). i don't see how celestion v30's could be better than these even if priced the same. great sounding speaker hands down :twisted:

Hey. My jaguars sound pretty sweet also. Celestion also makes a nice telescope. Hehe. Wurlitzer has quality stuff also. SRV plays through several parallel amps. Its a trick of the trade. Eardrums are like fingerprints, everyone's is different. Give em hell.
RE

I haven't tried WGS, but I have to say that Celestions are waaaaaaaaay overrated imho :D . They are just sort of bassy and smooth. I have a full stack loaded with Celestions, and I always thought they sounded good, but I was just buying into marketing hype. I got one of the Rocktron velocity 1x12's, and I like the sound much more than the Celestions. I agree that the Celestions lack midrange.

i'm pretty shocked at how good they are, i won't be buying celestion anymore :lol: