What modules would you like to see in the future?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngzaklynch

Reaction score
More signature models. But specifically I would like to see...

A module that get the high gain Mesa Mk series tone. Like Whitesnakes/John Sykes 1987 album tone. With a switch for the Metallica MOPs tone.

Something that simulates YJM, a Plexi with a DOD 250 OD pedal out front.

Warren DeMartini sig module.

Here's one of my favorite clips from Pete okstrat- it's dead on Sykes Whitesnake tone from his modded Plexi

http://members.cox.net/vht50/hereigoagainplexi.mp3

Something that simulates YJM, a Plexi with a DOD 250 OD pedal out front

Soemthing like this probably would be a modded Plexi with the exact pedal you name...

I too would like to hear a Mesa Mark module...

crankyrayhanky said:
Here's one of my favorite clips from Pete okstrat- it's dead on Sykes Whitesnake tone from his modded Plexi

Thats the one track on the album John Sykes didn't play on. The sound I'm thinking of is a little more compressed with a touch more gain.

yngzaklynch said:
crankyrayhanky said:

Thats the one track on the album John Sykes didn't play on. The sound I'm thinking of is a little more compressed with a touch more gain.

Never heard that before..time to go google this

crankyrayhanky said:
yngzaklynch said:
crankyrayhanky said:

Never heard that before..time to go google this

Maybe it was the lead he didn't do. But yeah thats not all Sykes on that tune. I forget the dudes name that played on it but it'll be familiar..

Dan Huff played on the original mix, Vandenberg rerecorded the solo on another version

I always like Vai better in that band :shock:

I'd like to see a Diezel VH4 module.

Side Note: I think the only thing Adrian Vandenburg recorded with Whitesnake was the lead for "Hear I Go Again." Everything else was Vai, Sykes, Huff?
I liked Sykes tone on the 1st Blue Murder album.

A module that get the high gain Mesa Mk series tone.

... This seems to be the one that is stumping everbody.. its like the holy grail ..one thing is for sure whoever comes up with the recipe will sell a ton of them

Bronco said:
yngzaklynch said:
More signature models. But specifically I would like to see...Warren DeMartini sig module.
+1 8)

A Warren module wouldn't sound any different than a Lynch module. Those two used the same amp on many recordings. :lol:

6stringgrind said:
Bronco said:
yngzaklynch said:
More signature models. But specifically I would like to see...Warren DeMartini sig module.
+1 8)

Fixed

A Warren module wouldn't sound any different than a Lynch module. LYNCH Stole Warren's amp on many occasions. :lol:

...In regards to this the Scary will get you the Lay it down and out of the cellar tone pretty easily with the dials at noon ,and the gain round 1,oclock

They better get a Mark IIC/IV module going soon before I sell off my MTS and get a Mark V!

6stringgrind said:
Bronco said:
yngzaklynch said:
+1 8)

A Warren module wouldn't sound any different than a Lynch module. Those two used the same amp on many recordings. :lol:
Not until they both started using Soldanos...if you think their tone sounds the same, I have nothing more to say... :roll:

droptrd said:
They better get a Mark IIC/IV module going soon before I sell off my MTS and get a Mark V!

I would hang in there, whispers in the night foretell of a new age....

gtr31 said:
A module that get the high gain Mesa Mk series tone.

... This seems to be the one that is stumping everbody.. its like the holy grail ..one thing is for sure whoever comes up with the recipe will sell a ton of them

I can't wait to see if okstrat or salivation come up with anything :D

MK series Mesa would be interesting.
The tonestack is pre-Gain. Add in a post-Gain graphic EQ, and I wonder just how possible it would be in a module.

Wish I had time to build the pair of modules I want...

Maybe they could come up with a way for people willing to sacrifice an extra module slot in their rack/head to jumper two modules together to make one sound. Like, one Master card with its normal drive and level and 3 band EQ controls, and one Slave card adding another two tubes and five rotary pots simulating a five band post-gain EQ. Dunno if the voltage supplied to one slot would be enough to power two cards that way, though.

gtr31 said:
...In regards to this the Scary will get you the Lay it down and out of the cellar tone pretty easily with the dials at noon ,and the gain round 1,oclock

Sweet!