whats best modder

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't have a use for multiple clean modules, as the Mark I tone is more than enough for any applications I'd put it through (Blues, Heavy Metal clean tones, creamy leads for classic rock, etc.) Then again... I could always do what you suggested and have this module for said creamy leads, another crunch module and my Blackface which has a nice overdrive to it...

:D I LOVE THE MTS AMPS!

Shinozoku said:
I won't have a use for multiple clean modules, as the Mark I tone is more than enough for any applications I'd put it through (Blues, Heavy Metal clean tones, creamy leads for classic rock, etc.) Then again... I could always do what you suggested and have this module for said creamy leads, another crunch module and my Blackface which has a nice overdrive to it...

The Mark Mod is not aimmed at clean tones but more for the overdriven tones the Mark 1 amp provides.

Voodoo Amps said:
Shinozoku said:

The Mark Mod is not aimmed at clean tones but more for the overdriven tones the Mark 1 amp provides.
Ahhhh, that changes things drastically :)

This thread is extremely well replied to and not nearly as scary as I thought it would look when I opened it. I tip my hat to everyone, you really can't go wrong. As pointed out, it's all in what's most important to you.

Now had you come in my neck of the woods here in Jersey and asked about where the best pizza is, you may have had a very different discussion on your hands! :lol:

My own experience has been with Rob/Jaded Faith and Scott/Sacred Groove. Scott's XTC Blue is truly amazing. The Plexi and Vox mods he did for me were outstanding, and his faceplate work is very cool.
Rob's Hot Rod Marshall is outstanding as well as his Orange Rockerverb and new Mr Soldano mod.
Although not bad, The stock modules sound dull and odd compared to my modded ones.
My faves lately have been the XTC Blue and Mr Soldano

We have a great community of modders here to help us achieve our desired tones. I've had experience with Pete aka Gigmods, Rob aka Jaded Faith, Anthony aka Salvation, Scott aka Sacred Groove, Jeff aka Hilly/Hilligan and Kyle Needham mods....but Ive always wanted to try Voodoo mods as well and have heard only good praise from Trace!

My suggestion is to try different mods out to see what fits your style the best and go from there :)

Voodoo Amps said:

Indeed this module has gain, I hope my posts didn't come off as it being a clean module. It's far from a Mark V, which I'm very happy about. It's just a great, old school Mark tone.

Jaded Faith said:
This thread is extremely well replied to and not nearly as scary as I thought it would look when I opened it. I tip my hat to everyone, you really can't go wrong. As pointed out, it's all in what's most important to you.

What, us guitar players opinionated... never heard of such a thing. :lol:

Jaded Faith said:
Now had you come in my neck of the woods here in Jersey and asked about where the best pizza is, you may have had a very different discussion on your hands! :lol:

So what your saying is Dominoes isn't the best in your hood :?: :p

All kidding aside, this is why I stick around. For the most part we all have a pretty level head about what we like and why we like it, yet we know that there is other quality stuff out there. What I do find interesting is that the current hip modder seems to go in waves. I remember for awhile it was Pete and/or Trace (when I 1st came on the board these were the modders I heard about), then Anthony, Kyle & Jeff for a bit, then it moved on to Rob, then Scott. Now there just seems to be a mutal respect for all of the modders.

YEah,it s pretty cool...seems to have worked itself out that way and it makes sense since tone is subjective...one thing I was wondering though is what has happened to gigmods?I havent seen anything from Pete on here for quite some time......

alowerdeep said:
YEah,it s pretty cool...seems to have worked itself out that way and it makes sense since tone is subjective...one thing I was wondering though is what has happened to gigmods?I havent seen anything from Pete on here for quite some time......
Yeah..
What happened to Pete? I really like the Twin mod that I have. Best sounding clean I have ever heard to date. I won't even try to **** with it. When it's good it's really good. And it's incredible. Looks like gigmods.com is under construction right now. Hmmmmm.....anybody know anything about what's up with Pete?

drewiv said:
Voodoo Amps said:

Indeed this module has gain, I hope my posts didn't come off as it being a clean module. It's far from a Mark V, which I'm very happy about. It's just a great, old school Mark tone.
What I was thinking is "Mark I... known for killer cleans!" Even with all the references to "creamy leads" it didn't occur to me that it was an overdrive module :p My brain is odd sometimes.

Isn't Dave Friedman in SOCAL? North Hollywood, to be exact...

Speaking from experience Trace is awesome. I have his V-reck and his V-Plex amps and they are great. He will also tweak anything and anyway you want. He is also very knowledgeable on tubes. Lucky me I am only about 2 hours from his shop. Anyone can mod a module but what about service after the fact? I know Trace ain't going anywhere. He is in the business and staying. Not saying the other guys aren't and I am certainly looking to work with a few modders. Just saying after the sale support may be an important thing for some.

I am just getting into the MTS scene and so far I am thrilled with it. Real cool idea. Tube guy 100% and love modding everything so obviously this is a great amp for me. Interestingly enough these modded modules can be a difficult to hear in person as some of the boutique amps we buy before we try.

Glad to be here and sorry for the long winded post. Hope to be here for a long time. This sure keeps you gassing, at least modules don't cost as much as most boutique amps I buy. UGH it never ends.

ibenhad said:
Just saying after the sale support may be an important thing for some.
Welcome to the forum and rest assured, support after the sale is quite high in these parts. I am sure the public can confirm. :wink: