What's wrong with me?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be warned that SG's Diablo is quite dark, as was the case with the early Dual Rectifiers. It'll probably be a bit darker than your Grail. The main difference between the Diablo and the Grail is that the Diablo has a far more massive low midrange punch.

The Rossness said:
Rant: ON...

When I was getting back into the MTS game, I thout to myself, "Ross, this is going to be a cheaper and better alternitive to an Axe FX 2. I'll get an RM100 and some mods to cover my basic tones and I'll be able to have the equivilent of a little studio without spending the 10's of thousands of dollars to buy the real amps".

Well, I was partially right. Yes, its better than an Axe FX. Yes, I have the eqivilet of a small studio of tones. However, while it was initially cheaper than an Axe FX 2, now it seems far from cheap.

Instead of having my basic tones, I keep getting module after module and then there's the cost to mod each module. MTS is becoming a money pit- not a money pit that I don't like. - I love this money pit, but a pit none the less.

I originally thought I'd have 4-6 modules and now I'm at about 20. My Original RM100 head turned into 3 RM100's- the afformentioned one, a combo and a Lynchbox. Now I'm trying to find an RM1250 as well. I have 5 incoming Salvo mods, Orders that have yet to be sent to Rob, Scott and Trace. I keep wondering if Bruce is going to re-introduce MTS to the world (and of course, I'll have to get that system too,

And this MTS thing has gotten a little out of control.

Should I be buying food and groceries instead of mods ;)?

Does anyone ever notice that a simple decision can suddenly spin out of control even with the best intentions at heart?

I love the MTS world, but somtimes I have to take a step back and take a look at the big picture. What's wrong with me???

You are scaring me LOL! I just bought an RM100M - should I sell and get an Ax FX II instead?

DonP said:
The Rossness said:
Rant: ON...

When I was getting back into the MTS game, I thout to myself, "Ross, this is going to be a cheaper and better alternitive to an Axe FX 2. I'll get an RM100 and some mods to cover my basic tones and I'll be able to have the equivilent of a little studio without spending the 10's of thousands of dollars to buy the real amps".

Well, I was partially right. Yes, its better than an Axe FX. Yes, I have the eqivilet of a small studio of tones. However, while it was initially cheaper than an Axe FX 2, now it seems far from cheap.

Instead of having my basic tones, I keep getting module after module and then there's the cost to mod each module. MTS is becoming a money pit- not a money pit that I don't like. - I love this money pit, but a pit none the less.

I originally thought I'd have 4-6 modules and now I'm at about 20. My Original RM100 head turned into 3 RM100's- the afformentioned one, a combo and a Lynchbox. Now I'm trying to find an RM1250 as well. I have 5 incoming Salvo mods, Orders that have yet to be sent to Rob, Scott and Trace. I keep wondering if Bruce is going to re-introduce MTS to the world (and of course, I'll have to get that system too,

And this MTS thing has gotten a little out of control.

Should I be buying food and groceries instead of mods ;)?

Does anyone ever notice that a simple decision can suddenly spin out of control even with the best intentions at heart?

I love the MTS world, but somtimes I have to take a step back and take a look at the big picture. What's wrong with me???

You are scaring me LOL! I just bought an RM100M - should I sell and get an Ax FX II instead?

No way! You wont regret the RM100....just have a little self control, thats all 8) Ross has an extreme case of "Modulitis" There is no cure for the poor soul! and besides that....The Axe FX I tried still sounded and felt digital to me...there is no subsitute for tubes. At least not yet.

DonP said:
I sold my RM4 + modules to buy an Axe-Fx II. I ended up buying another RM4 and modules (and kept my favorite amps thankfully) within a few months of owning the Axe. The difference is night and day to me. I wish I could be as happy with the Axe as so many of the Fractalytes seem to be. Honestly. My life would be so much simpler.