• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Boss Loop station

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I have the RC 2 and a Digitech Jamman and used to have the XL. Hands down, the RC2 is the choice due to the drum backings on it, the XL doesnt have much usable drum backing, theyre midi.
The Digitech however lets you record upto 6 hours and 99 patches are a must for recording everything. Once you start saving your patches on the Boss pedals you be disappointed you can only save 11 of them. And the Jamman also lets you save to PC and has a Midi input plus a couple other extras. Now that Ive had all three Id say this, The Boss RC 2 if I could only have one, its better at accurate recording and dont see any advantage to the XL over it other then reverse which is cool but taking away the great drum clips isnt worth it and RC2 is cheaper. In the end, the Jamman is great for having all that storage but just isnt as solid as the BOSS over all, I'd still recommend it as a home fun unit. Let me know if you have any specific questions on any of them.

Hey Balou, Thanks for explaining the specifics of each pedal, very useful. I was on the fence between the RC2 and the RC20XL, but I believe the RC2 will be a better fit for me. I found some on ebay,but still looking for "That Great Deal", LOL!!! Thanks again :wink:

I waited for the "great deal a long time. Just spend the $125-$130 if you can cause they all go for that at least and you'll be waiting a while. And you will need a power supply, it uses 9volts faster then any BOSS pedal Ive ever had.
P.S. another draw back to the Jamman, No battery power so you need an adapter even for a open mic night 2 song set. Even my ME-70 takes batteries!

Well I think I found "That Good Deal" I was looking for. I ending up scoring the Boss RC-2 with box, and manual. Owner said he only used it once. Looks to be in PERFECT condition for $110 Paypalled/ Shipped. :D

Thats a great price. You're gonna be very happy with that little guy. You'll find it works best when run thru the clean channel and use a gain pedal in front of it or you'll be distorting the drums.

Thanks for the heads up, I also noticed if I run the pedal through my effects loop that also helps. I must have spent a few hours tring to figure the thing out, I read the instructions but abit confusing. :? :oops:

I have an RC-50 that I love to death. I thought that it would be overkill and in fact was looking at the RC-2 and the RC-20XL. In the end I got a really killer deal on the RC-50 and decided to give it a shot.

I was really intimidated by it at first. I hate **** that is overly complicated. for example, I have gotten rid of every multi-effects pedal I have tried because they sound like **** on my RM100 and I would rather spend my time jamming than reading a 200 page manual.

I haven't even had to glance at the manual for the RC-50 yet. It is really intuitive and I have been able to figure it out without reading a novel.

I would recomend the RC-50 any day of the week.