Your go-to module(s)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to bring this old thread back...

Clean- No module, just bypass my preamp on the RM100's and use Boss GT10 Fender channels (like having a 4th channel!)

Mid Gain- JF SL-OD100
High Gain- JF Erect
Leads- Voodoo UG Jose

I've scaled waaay back, here's the modules that defeated all others for my style and signal chain

Mamba S.E.
S1S0
clean: all Gigmods: Blackface, Tweed, JTM

Im using a digitech 2101 for cleans (into the rm100 power section), sg mk22 for lo gain, stock judge for mid gain, gigmods mark for leads.

rblyn said:

Clean- No module, just bypass my preamp on the RM100's and use Boss GT100 Fender channels (like having a 4th channel!)

Mid Gain- JF SL-OD100
High Gain- JF Erect
Leads- Voodoo UG Jose
Very clever. Do you use the effects loop for this?
Anyone think that this could be done with a single
switch pedal like a Boss '59 Bassman?

BigBrewtus said:
rblyn said:

Clean- No module, just bypass my preamp on the RM100's and use Boss GT100 Fender channels (like having a 4th channel!)

Mid Gain- JF SL-OD100
High Gain- JF Erect
Leads- Voodoo UG Jose

As a new GT-10 owner, I also use this function with my RM100 using the 4CM - this was thanks to rblyn's many great suggestions...

BigBrewtus said:
rblyn said:

Mid Gain- JF SL-OD100
High Gain- JF Erect
Leads- Voodoo UG Jose

Yep- (BTW typo up there-its the Boss GT 10, not 100) The Boss GT 10 has its own effects loop and I hook up the pedal through the serial loop in my RM100's using the four cable method. On patch 4, I turned off the "send/return" in the Boss and activate the pedals preamp (which otherwise is off allowing me to use my modules 8) ) Then I just use one of the Boss's Fender, or even their Roland Jazz Chorus....Very nice! I HIGHLY recommend this pedal! It is a fantastic and underrated tool for gigs and jamming! Killer effects and you can find one for $300 used. Mattfig just got one too and can attest to this :D

EDIT- for Brewtus, I am not sure about the Fender pedal being able to do this?

oh yeah- I also gigged with my Rm20 using the GT10 and KILLER results. I set up a clean patch the same way as described above, then my normal straight through "rock" tone using my SLOD-100 and for the lead patch, I just boosted the patch level up a bit, a touch of delay- and BAM! A three channel amp!

I actually have a GT10, and took it to the studio to hook up, but got so distracted playing my 1959RR after I changed tubes in my Rm22 that I forgot to hook it up lol After reading this, I am really eager to get it hooked up and try it out!

rhequiem said:
I actually have a GT10, and took it to the studio to hook up, but got so distracted playing my 1959RR after I changed tubes in my Rm22 that I forgot to hook it up lol After reading this, I am really eager to get it hooked up and try it out!

Shoot me a message if you need settings etc... Like I said, Mr Mattfig took the plunge is extremely pleased and we've been sharing some settings. Perfect tool for live applications!

I've spent some time reading all the posts in this topic to see if there's anything of a consensus on High-Gain, Mid-Gain, Low-Gain, and Clean modules. Bottom line is this. Just about everyone has a different preference in each of these 4 classes. To give you an idea of the rich variety, I've summarized the results below. The number of votes for each module is indicated beside each module.

HIGH GAIN
2 Salvado Deluxe
1 JF The Pitt
2 Hilly Scorch
1 Mash-Oldano
1 Voodoo HG Jose
1 JF Brahma
1 JF Stein
1 EG5
2 Scary
1 S1S0
1 Ultra
1 Kranken
1 Voodoo Sear
1 JF 1959RR
1 Deadplate
1 Angel
1 XTC
1 1086
1 GM XTC
1 Voodoo Brahma
1 JF Mark X
3 JF Erect
1 SL+
1 Voodoo UG Jose
1 Mamba SE
1 GM Mark

MID GAIN
2 SG MK22
2 JF 1959RR
2 JF Mark X
1 GM Modern
1 JF Brahma
1 JF Stein
1 EG3
3 Judge
1 OD Special
1 Stoneverb
1 GM Recto
1 Voodoo Recto
1 XTC
1 Slavado DLX
1 Voodoo Scary
1 Salvation Stoner AD
1 Ultra Lead
1 Hilly Snorkeler
1 S1S0
1 JF SL-OD100

LOW GAIN
1 JF Recto
1 JF Modern
1 Deluxe
1 GM Plexi
1 Friedman Plexi
1 Hilly Snorkeler
1 Mash-All
1 Top Boost
1 GM Brown
2 SG MK22
1 Brahma
1 Plexi

CLEAN
3 Clean
2 Brahma
1 Blackface
1 Salvation LoneClean
1 JF Blackface
1 Salvation Stoner AD
2 KH-1
1 Rectified
1 BMAN
1 JTM
1 GM Plexi
1 SG Deluxe
2 Super V
1 Twinface
1 Deluxe
2 GM Blackface
1 Voodoo Super V
1 Figmods Clean
1 Top Boost

Very cool! Thanks for compiling this! My JF-SLOD100 vote might need to slide over the mid gain (currently listed in the low gain) Just goes to show the tastes here vary greatly! No right or wrong...

What the heck is an SG MKII, or a JF MKII for that matter? Anyway, my SG MK22 basically never leaves my amp. Sometimes I have it set for mid gain, and sometimes high gain. It's incredible at both.

Whoopysnorp said:
What the heck is an SG MKII, or a JF MKII for that matter? Anyway, my SG MK22 basically never leaves my amp. Sometimes I have it set for mid gain, and sometimes high gain. It's incredible at both.
My GUESS is that they meant the SG MK22 and the JF 1959RR MKii.
Just a hypothesis :)

Currently My list would be:
Brutality: 1) Mamba 2) 59RR 3) Gigmods Ultra
Modern Rock: 1) 59RR 2) Scary 3) Grail
80s: 1) 59RR 2) Judge 3) Scary
Low Gain: 1) Tweed 2) 59RR 3) XTC

There is one module I could not live without... bet you can guess which one by looking at my list :p

Here's my list of what I currently use for different levels.

High Gain: Chupacabra, Mamba SE, Salvado DLX, SG XTC LE
Mid Gain: Stonerverb, SG Diablo, SG MK22, Markus
Low Gain: Loneclean, SG MK22, SG Diablo (Raw mode)

Guess it depends on what Im going for...If I am going for more authentic tones I would pop in any of my Salvation Modules....they seem to hit alot closer to home to me in that area.....but just for a good tone I liked the stock Rectified,stock Ultra,KH modules, and SL+... stock clean as well.....They all had a very full and articulate tone that I have rehearsed with and they sounded great....like most others,I just lean toward the modded,and mainly the Salvos in my experience,if I want a closer to the real amp modeled,authentic tone..though the GM Recto was cool as were the SG MK22 and Friedman BE ....both were very similar to me,the BE just had a more gain and midrange overall....those are the ones I remeber well,have had so many sonce getting into mts....lol

alowerdeep said:
Guess it depends on what Im going for...If I am going for more authentic tones I would pop in any of my Salvation Modules....they seem to hit alot closer to home to me in that area.....but just for a good tone I liked the stock Rectified,stock Ultra,KH modules, and SL+... stock clean as well.....They all had a very full and articulate tone that I have rehearsed with and they sounded great....like most others,I just lean toward the modded,and mainly the Salvos in my experience,if I want a closer to the real amp modeled,authentic tone..though the GM Recto was cool as were the SG MK22 and Friedman BE ....both were very similar to me,the BE just had a more gain and midrange overall....those are the ones I remeber well,have had so many sonce getting into mts....lol

Good point alowerdeep, depends on if Im trying to nail a certain amp- but for the most part- I listed my "general" preferces for now...Also, I just got a Salvo Xtacy (on the way) based on your earlier posts about the old version being really close the the real deal and I also saw Wesarvin's vid and tracks- I really can't tell the difference! Cant wait to get it fired up.

yeah,the salvo xtc is really cool,though a bit noisier than any of his other stuff I have owned...but if you keep the gain at a reasonable level it isnt bad....

alowerdeep said:
yeah,the salvo xtc is really cool,though a bit noisier than any of his other stuff I have owned...but if you keep the gain at a reasonable level it isnt bad....

Did you try it with noise suppressor?