1959RR Platinum Edition Released

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rblyn said:
ncsouthpaw said:
Just got mine about 2 hours ago and this thing freaking screams. I could NOT possibly be more pleased. JF you crazy crazy man, you have made magic in module form.

I know how everyone says the stock modules are good but the modded modules are great. Finally my ears understand what you guys mean.

Awe man, you're killin me!! :D Cant wait to get mine....

I thought I was keeping the jones at bay but I am ready for mine, too!

Just wanted to chime in....Mine arrived today and I've only had about ten minutes with it but right off I can say it is awesome...I loved my original 59RR (and kinda wish I would have held onto it anyway) but the Platinum is just tweaked to perfection....Congrats on this one Rob!

Again, only ten minutes in and I'm willing to call this one my fave Jaded Faith mod to date....Of course, I change my opinion more than my underwear but I don't see myself selling this one- ever...Many mods in the RoD have already shot this mod a very jealous glance...

She's a looker and oozes Marshall goodness....Early plexi thru JVM tones are all here....JCM800 and JCM900 are particularly versatile...

Yea, my 1959RR Platinum mod arrived yesterday too. I played with it for an hour and a half last night. I find all of the switches & settings useful, with exception perhaps to the Haze switch. I don't solo so maybe that's where you really hear the difference, but all the other switches make a noticeable difference. The 2-stage/3-stage gain switch is a must! It just drives the mod nuts and makes everything out of control, in a good way. I personally like 80's thrash and can get all the Metallica tones I could want. I was looking at the JF KH23, but no longer see a need since this covers the tones from Kill Em All thru the black album.

My only other criticism is the JMP setting with gain down and volume up has a weird kind of compression. I mean, the mod cleans up but just has something going on that makes it sound distant. Anybody else notice this?

Very cool feedback here...Mine is on the way! I think its coming tomorrow- will chime in once I have it!

Tracking says it's out for delivery. So I'll be chiming in here soon as well. I have a Platinum and XTC being shipped in my RM4 that Rob repaired for me. :D

Got it, Love it! The 3rd gain stage is a wonderful addition. Funny, the Haze I ordered to be 1/2 as influential, as my original 1959 Haze I liked but found to be a bit too Hazey. This 1/2 haze is a gentle roll off on the high end and fits perfect for me...funny because others can't hear the full Haze and I'm cutting it back, lol...props JF, this module is fantastic

speed2dirt said:
My only other criticism is the JMP setting with gain down and volume up has a weird kind of compression. I mean, the mod cleans up but just has something going on that makes it sound distant. Anybody else notice this?
There is a very wide range of sweep on the gain pot and low settings are going to be about half of the level many gain pots in other modules offer. It's not so much a compression as very low input signal.

crankyrayhanky said:
Funny, the Haze I ordered to be 1/2 as influential, as my original 1959 Haze I liked but found to be a bit too Hazey. This 1/2 haze is a gentle roll off on the high end and fits perfect for me...funny because others can't hear the full Haze and I'm cutting it back, lol...props JF, this module is fantastic.
I think the Haze features perceived impact is based on a few things: the tubes being used in the module, the speakers you use and high range hearing loss. The best test to notice it's effect is to hit a note on your G or B string around the 7th fret and toggle the switch as you pick. It's designed to be a subtle effect and it's main use is certainly for smoothing upper register single note passages.

Jaded Faith said:
There is a very wide range of sweep on the gain pot and low settings are going to be about half of the level many gain pots in other modules offer. It's not so much a compression as very low input signal.

Cool! Good to know. I'm definitely digging the mod. That was the only thing that had me concerned, but it makes sense. Thanks a lot, Rob!

Jaded Faith said:
crankyrayhanky said:
Funny, the Haze I ordered to be 1/2 as influential, as my original 1959 Haze I liked but found to be a bit too Hazey. This 1/2 haze is a gentle roll off on the high end and fits perfect for me...funny because others can't hear the full Haze and I'm cutting it back, lol...props JF, this module is fantastic.
I think the Haze features perceived impact is based on a few things: the tubes being used in the module, the speakers you use and high range hearing loss. The best test to notice it's effect is to hit a note on your G or B string around the 7th fret and toggle the switch as you pick. It's designed to be a subtle effect and it's main use is certainly for smoothing upper register single note passages.

Yeah the Haze is really meant for solos. I think Rob's desciption is perfect. It adds a smokiness to the tone & just seems to work for leads. I generally don't use it as my SLOD100 gets the nod for any lead type stuff.

Got mine today- Let me say- Rob'***** a home run with this mod! I am not well versed in components etc but I can tell he's stripped the board replaced everything on my original donor- everything is super neat, tight and sturdy- but more importantly WOW! Every Marshall tone is here, blues, classic rock, metal, thrash, modern/JVM tones- one stop shop but my favorite is the JCM mode with 3rd gain stage on...pure magic with harmonically rich overdrive....just sounds killer at band volumes (which is how I judge my modules- band setting in an RM100 is most important to me) Unbelievable module!! Best Marshall module I've owned (and I've had about a dozen) To top if off, I've got it paired up with a Salvado Deluxe!!! TONE for days!!!! It doesnt get any better than these two!

SalvoRR59.jpg

I got mine yesterday,#16. Played it most of the day and am floored at how good it sounds. I personally like the jmp side the best, and with all the options it can sound either vintage or modern. The jcm side is also very good and with the diod switch and 3rd stage it is a perfect match for ozzy tones. Great work from Rob and he also added a voicing switch on a modded SL that I had. For those that missed out on the Platinum edition, the standard modded 59 has to be a must have.

I just got mine today, #4 of 27.....won't be able to crank it up until tomorrow.....the waiting sucks!

I love my 1959RR Platinum! That 3rd gain stage is killer, and is a lot more drastic that I had imagined. The MashAll+, while a great module, just wasn't for me and I ended up getting rid of it. But I like everything that this 1959RR has to offer - it ain't goin' nowhere . . . Good job Rob! :D

Erik: You shipped out yesterday afternoon and tracking info was emailed in the early evening.

Spencer: You entire order is on the bench right now and you will ship today.

Disciple: The numbers were assigned in the order they were confirmed and paid for (mostly for tracking the quantity sold, as it was a limited run).

Every order is FIFO here. So those who bought a donor from me went out sooner than those who were sending donors in due to the delay in receiving their modules.

There are five more left to ship, all of which were checked in at the shop together on 2/12/12. As of that date, there were 47 orders in the shop queue for a total of 56 modules and another 4 MTS amp repairs (in addition to non-MTS work). All said, I think a 3 week wait during that kind of volume is pretty amazing for a single guy at the bench!

Enough typing, it's 6:30AM and time to make the modules....... :lol:

Jaded Faith said:
Erik: You shipped out yesterday afternoon and tracking info was emailed in the early evening.

There are five more left to ship, all of which were checked in at the shop together on 2/12/12. As of that date, there were 47 orders in the shop queue for a total of 56 modules and another 4 MTS amp repairs (in addition to non-MTS work). All said, I think a 3 week wait during that kind of volume is pretty amazing for a single guy at the bench!

Enough typing, it's 6:30AM and time to make the modules....... :lol:

I saw the email Rob - thanks for your hard work! I feel very lucky that I stumbled into MTS and this forum at the right time to get one of these mods.

#8 arrived today. :D I did not have a lot of time with it because today was my 35th wedding anniversary. How can that be possible. :shock:
Any way with the little time I played with the module I was blown away with all the tones in this thing! Great job Rob!