6505 module inbound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Sweetwater has them in stock again so pulled the trigger. Looking forward to comparing it to the SLO which is my current go to.

Me too I want to know your impressions. I was literally going to start a thread asking which one for me. I have never bonded with any 5150 or variant except the EVH 5153. I used to own an Avenger that I foolishly traded. I feel Peaveys are too buzzy. I love my Uber module to pieces. Let us know! \m/

I have not had the SLO but several other of the Marshall mod versions. The 6505 is a keeper in my current rig. They could have designed differing channels and maybe some more option switches but I have my Deliverance for that. 6505 does not get clean so it is a Marshall EVH prototype gain fest.

I just ordered one as well. I will compare with the amazing Uberschall module I have.

I just ordered one as well. I will compare with the amazing Uberschall module I have.
Waiting for your judgment . I don t play metal but classic rock , hard rock so i hope this module could cover my style in place of SLO (that i loved but the 2 same channels / shared EQ is a bit useless ...)

Yeah, I am not a fan of the shared controls thing but sometimes there is just no room to deal with it. Uberschall is a good one, Ecstasy as well. I would love to see the Shiva in a Synergy. I had both the Uber and Ecs but traded and sold them off just trying to decide on the best options for me personally. Right now I am running the ENGL Powerball, Deliverance, BB/BE, and 6505 and pretty happy with them so far. A nice option array of clean and high gain channels.

I have received. Impressions after 20 minutes: I do like it. It solves the buzzy/fuzzy thing I had always struggled with the 5150, 5150 II and 6505 I had owned. Now perhaps some of that is in the power amp as so far I running through the loop of my Randall Thrasher 120 and into my DAW with IRs. But it is smoother and the frequencies are much more balanced than the amps I experienced. Is it my favorite over the Uber? Nope thats my best one to myself still. However its cool enough to keep. It has alot of those smoother 5150 tones that I love on older In Flames and Soilwork records. I have just sold the Powerball module that was a high gain beast but I couldn't get along with it in the end. Not that it doesn't sound badass but it just wasn't a fit for me. Anyway more time needed with the 6505 but so far so good. If it wasn't good I could return it and would. I think it is a keeper. Peavey should voice their heads like this one in my opinion \m/

According to you Deliverance , Powerall , 6505 , Ultralead which one is a keeper ?
Well I let the Ultra lead go but kept the others. Mainly I found the Ultra hard to dial in and that is not a Mesa type EQ on that puppy. I am sure I'll end up using something different in time as that is the beauty of Synergy. My Deliverance and 6505 take care of all the modified Marshall stuff for me. And I still dig the ENGL Powerball. I talked to them the other day and they said running a 3rd SYN2 dock in a linked up rig would be fine, they said they have done as many as 5 SYN2 docks chained up w no issues. Be cool to have a 3rd one for me as there is some new stuff coming down the pike mid summer probably. Hope they do the Bogner Shiva, cool diverse amp.

Thanks , i ll buy it so
Well I mean good luck. Just my opinions. Now that I have spent most of a day more observations. For my purposes it seems to like my active Fishmans over my passive Lundgrens. I also am using my Syn-1 into my KSR Ares return loop now. Much thicker and warmer than the Randall. Kinda wish I had tried the Powerball with the KSR but that ship has sailed. Achieving insane gain Metal Core tones now. My favorite metal core bands like August Burns Red and Parkway Drives tones seem like are there with an insane amount of gain lol. I still prefer my Uber and with the passive pickups TBH I do hear that cack gack in the mids that I don't care for. Stay tuned I "think" I am keeping it lol.

Well I let the Ultra lead go but kept the others. Mainly I found the Ultra hard to dial in and that is not a Mesa type EQ on that puppy. I am sure I'll end up using something different in time as that is the beauty of Synergy. My Deliverance and 6505 take care of all the modified Marshall stuff for me. And I still dig the ENGL Powerball. I talked to them the other day and they said running a 3rd SYN2 dock in a linked up rig would be fine, they said they have done as many as 5 SYN2 docks chained up w no issues. Be cool to have a 3rd one for me as there is some new stuff coming down the pike mid summer probably. Hope they do the Bogner Shiva, cool diverse amp.
This is why I have stayed away from the Fryette modules. I traded for a D120 and I hated how dry that amp felt under my finger tips. It also sounded too thin and twangy. I have never liked any VHT/Fryette guitar amp I have tried. However they sound great when other people play them. I am not into unforgiving amps. Ironically I own and like a Fryette Power Station 2.

The Deliverance has the biggest low end thump of any I have tried and easy to find a tone. Dials in just like a two gain balance on a Marshall. It would be one of the last I would trade off. I was not a huge fan of the Ultra or the PCII but it does not mean someone else would not find them amazing. It gets bloody hard to make a choice at times as ones tastes change with time. I wish I would have kept all the modules I have had as I am sure I will regret letting them go over something else. I am pondering adding a 3rd SYN2 dock but will probably wait till some new modules come out.

I should have kept the Deliverance I sold to fund the 6505 but, I am still trying modules to find my keepers. The SLO is still #1 for me.