About to Join the Family...A Few Questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Fryette (designer of the Deliverance, Pittbull, and IIC modules among other things) did vids on dialing on the IIC and Pittbull.

I prefer the Pittbull over the Deliverance for heavier stuff, personally. Modules with EQs like that are more flexbile but require more effort to dial.

Thanks for the vids , I don’t use much heavier gain , as most of the stuff I play has a classic rock vibe with a lot of edge of break up type tones , but I do like a good crunch and lead channel which I get from the slo . I do want to check out the pit Bull and deliverance as another flavor of high gain though :)

Thanks for the vids , I don’t use much heavier gain , as most of the stuff I play has a classic rock vibe with a lot of edge of break up type tones , but I do like a good crunch and lead channel which I get from the slo . I do want to check out the pit Bull and deliverance as another flavor of high gain though :)
Yeah, the Deliverance can definitely get heavy, too. It really is just a matter of preference for heavy stuff. If you are not a big metal guy that one module could definitely be enough…

The IICP is real versatile. The Pittbull is all about gain four the most part. The IICP dials in like a real Mesa which means it is not intuitive unless you understand how the EQs work as per the vid.

Yeah, the Deliverance can definitely get heavy, too. It really is just a matter of preference for heavy stuff. If you are not a big metal guy that one module could definitely be enough…

The IICP is real versatile. The Pittbull is all about gain four the most part. The IICP dials in like a real Mesa which means it is not intuitive unless you understand how the EQs work as per the vid.
Ya I’ve heard the iicp is more versatile then some , the vai also appears to be a nice mod to own .

yeah it's all to what rings your cow bell, some I did not care for but all good modules. I 've had 8 so far, the four I kept are 6505, Deliverance, Engl Powerball, and the BB/BE. Sort of covers all the bases for me. Using my pedalboard I can conjure just about anything.

yeah it's all to what rings your cow bell, some I did not care for but all good modules. I 've had 8 so far, the four I kept are 6505, Deliverance, Engl Powerball, and the BB/BE. Sort of covers all the bases for me. Using my pedalboard I can conjure just about anything.
That’s a nice collection you have going there :) you ever try any nos tubes ? I’m enjoying a pair of telefunken smooth plates in v2 and v3 and a Blackburn mullard from 59 in v1 , helps achieve a nice edge of break up tone in the be/bb module .

I got a batch of new production PSVANE 12AX7s I had tested and measured before shipping and they seem to be doing a great job. They seem to be better than the Tung Sol's I used to get. I worry over spending too much on old stock as one just never knows the failure possibility of something that old which has sat around and has never seen voltage, then bang, full use. Scares me a bit. Manufacturing reliability ages ago was not that good and hardly any two of anything sounded the same. Anyway, one could get lucky I guess and magic happens. I wish that rumor I heard about a US company starting up domestic made tubes would happen. It's really hard to trust the Russian and Chinese imports these days.

I got a batch of new production PSVANE 12AX7s I had tested and measured before shipping and they seem to be doing a great job. They seem to be better than the Tung Sol's I used to get. I worry over spending too much on old stock as one just never knows the failure possibility of something that old which has sat around and has never seen voltage, then bang, full use. Scares me a bit. Manufacturing reliability ages ago was not that good and hardly any two of anything sounded the same. Anyway, one could get lucky I guess and magic happens. I wish that rumor I heard about a US company starting up domestic made tubes would happen. It's really hard to trust the Russian and Chinese imports these days.
I’ve tried the jj’s , groove tubes , tungsols , Sovtek , the northern electrics and the genelex current production tubes and they just don’t seem to hold a candle to the telefunkens , mullards , or matsushitas I’ve tried . I’ve never had a nos tube go bad , but I’ve had many current production tubes go bad within a day or 2. An example my newest mod the slo all had great working tubes in it until the second day I had it and the v2 tube went bad and was very noisy , I replaced it with a jj as I don’t use nos tubes for high gain .
Nos tubes seem to excel at getting that edge of break up tone imo and that’s where I’d recommend using them . Definitely worth the money , they don’t make them like they used .