Advice on a Randall 2x12

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on a Randall 2x12 to go with an RM4/RT2-50 rig. Thinking along the lines on one of the MTS cabs, but not totally ruling out another Randall 2x12. I think the R212CB or the R212NXT are the likely choices. I am interested in scaling down the weight of my current rig, which is an Atomic 212 50 watt cab/power amp combo with Celestion Century Vintage 12's in it. I like the Neo's in the 2x12 and have another Atomic (1x12 50 watt version) that sounds great with the V30 I loaded it with as well. Anyone have experience or advice on these options or with any of the other Randall 2x12's?

I run an M4 into an RT2/50 and use a Randall 212CB. Swapped the stock V30's for an Emi Wizard and a Private Jack. Really like this cab.

the randall r212 sounds better than a CAE 2x12. i have have had both side by side...and the randall won hands down. more balls...

I prefer using the Randall 2x12 I bought off of RD Rich over my Marshall JCM 800 and 900 4x12 slant cabs... the Randall just sounds better. Add to that the kickass speaker out (which I use at every gig) and the Randall MTS 2x12s are amazing bargains.

Pete

i threw some g12h30's in mine and the thing just flat out rumbled. really impressed me.

although...i have found a weakness for heritages celestions. yummy...

I went ahead and bought an R212NXT from Musician's Friend Monday, delivery set for Friday. I have Celestion Century Vintage 12's in my current rig and this cab looks like it has regular Celestion Century's. They should be very similar to a V30 tone and I am pretty stoked to give it a spin Saturday (**** gig on Friday night!).

I own a Randall 2x12, with celestions in it. I dont know the model...couldnt find any model number on it ANYWHERE.
Anybody know how to ID my cab???
Its black, but more than that I dont know.

I dont know the model of my cab..but it IS loaded with 2-12" Celestion seventy 80s.
....and I am not into the cab so much.