Brutal High Gain!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HeretiC-

Reaction score
I think I've asked this before but I'm getting a new module soon hopefully, and I want a really skull crushing brutal high gain tone.
I think you guys suggested the Ultra or Ultra XL?
Pretty much after a stock module.
Let me know what you think :)
Cheers!

The Ultra will be more whompy and scooped, but the Ultra XL is a great all-around module. Fairly noisy though, so you'll need to gate it or find a way to mod it for less noise, which I'm in the process of doing. If I can't find a way myself though (it's only electronics, right?) then I'll probably be sending it over to Pete or Salvation (I'd love it if I can get it turned into an ENGL Blackmore preamp :D).

I'm pretty fond of the Ultra XL. I'd be using it, but my bandmate has dibs. I have a KH3 that sounds good as well, but I might consider modding it.

Shinozoku said:
The Ultra will be more whompy and scooped, but the Ultra XL is a great all-around module. Fairly noisy though, so you'll need to gate it or find a way to mod it for less noise, which I'm in the process of doing. If I can't find a way myself though (it's only electronics, right?) then I'll probably be sending it over to Pete or Salvation (I'd love it if I can get it turned into an ENGL Blackmore preamp :D).

Hes right, its EXTREMELY noisey, far more than my grail and sl+.

That can be remedied a bit by switching the PI with a 5751, but it will lower the gain a bit. You'll really wanna dial in a bone crushing TONE, then use a decent amount of gain to give you the saturation you want., And of course, use a noise gate ;) Or get your module modded by Pete for greater warmth, clarity, and lower noise.

bone crushing gain huh, you need to do my ultra mod. take a stock ultra, if it doesn't already have a 0.0022 cap in c3 put that in, and a 47k resistor in r-25, you like 5150's :twisted: i like kt-88's in a quad or paired with 6l6's for power, jj's rule