GT E34L and Bias

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat56

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone running Groove Tube E34L? Where is your bias set?

I put a pair in in my RM50 and want to make sure I have the bias right. I've heard it should be a little different than the EL34.

Thanks, Jack

GT-EL34S?

Scratch anything I wrote before....Data Sheet says 25W...I thought they could do 30!

25/500 = 50mA dissipation at maxium... so 70% of that is 35...you could go 75% for a warmer tone..37.5

They're GT E34L. Thanks for your response.

I have them biased at 36ma and they sound good to me at that setting, I just wanted to make sure it was OK.

strat56 said:
Hi all,

Anyone running Groove Tube E34L? Where is your bias set?

I put a pair in in my RM50 and want to make sure I have the bias right. I've heard it should be a little different than the EL34.

Thanks, Jack
I run them at 40ma that is the GTE34Ls and they scream!!!I also have had them awhile.

jmgman70 said:
I run them at 40ma that is the GTE34Ls and they scream!!!I also have had them awhile.

They don't glow red or anything at that bias point?

Julia said:
The manual says 35 to 45 mV for the EL34L's. I run mine at 37.

Duh, RTFM.

I looked at it when I first got the amp, used, with 6L6's because I thought it didn't sound right and it was biased at 24 so I adjusted the bias to 32, I think, and it sounded much better.

Then when I put these tubes in I didn't look because I thought the manual had EL34 in it but not E34L.

Thanks,
Jack