Instrument level mod anyone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if there is a way to mod the head and add a switch allowing us to select either line OR instrument level?

I've not seen the schematic for the heads, but yes there is. Every tube driven fx loop I've seen basically been the same, you take the signal off the cathode resistor of the send tube. I believe the closer the signal is to ground the lower the signal in the loop will be. So increase the cathode resistor between the loop send and the tube and decrees the cathode resistor between the send and ground. That's all theory wish schematics were avalobke for the amps and modules.

I emailed Morley, they said that the Morely Effects Loop Corrector is the same circuit as the ebtech Line Level Shifter with the addition of the ground switch.

These egnater boxes are not readily available though are they still? They also would benefit from being housed in a flashier box!

Hey guys, wouldnt it be possible to copy the V2 effects circuit? These amps have input/output controls on the effects loop, and it works great. Im not an electrically knowledgeable person but I would think the principles are the same from amp to amp?

That device is the same as the Ebtech. The circuit uses two transformers to step up/down the signal, which also eliminates hum by design.

I am in the process of developing a modification for the loop that will make it far more useful. I had to put it on hold for right now, as the month of May and June are always very busy for me with some side work I do. As soon as time permits I will finish it and post info here and on my website.

Rob

As far as I know Radial owns the patent for Reamping signals back to instrument level, perhaps there is other method but ya, I would still go with Radial on that one.

I've been shopping for a LLS for a week or so now. I couldn't find the new one with the ground switch, but I'll admit I stopped looking when I found the black & white one for $50.

I must admit when I first got my RM100 I had no idea there was any difference in the level of the effects loop. It seems sorta annoying to me as I just want to throw some modulation pedals in there. Is there a good reason that the FX loop is so much louder? In my brain it seems like it has something to do with rack units or something - but honestly that's just an (un)educated guess.