Jaded faith settings thread anyone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevrock25

Reaction score
Jaded faith makes some of the best mods around I think we should
Have a thread where everyone posts the module and favorite
Setting what do u guys think? I'll post mine as soon as I get infront of
My amps.

I need some Trilogy settings, **** thing has so many options...I still can't dial it in "just right".

JF Super Clean

It really depends on my mood, what i am playing, and where i am playing. Lately i have been running the following settings and i couldn't be happier:

Gain: 12:00
Bass: 1:00
Mids: 2:00
Treble: 11:00
Level: 9-11:00
Spank: engaged
Touch: engaged
Coil: Single

Master: 9-11:00
Presence: Max (older amp so no effect until after 3:00)
Density: 12-1:00

Tolerance: +/- 15 degrees (0.5 o'clock)

Pickup: Neck

Sometimes i turn the Touch off. Though when i want that semi-gritty tone i put Touch on and increase the gain to about 3:00 (resetting the volume appropriately).

EDIT: These settings that i have here give me a very warm, lush clean tone. The Touch switch gives it that extra push to make it more prominent without sounding too overdriven (which is really hard with this module...believe me i have tried :wink: ). My main guitar is naturally VERY bassy and i also use the neck pickup for cleans which brings out even more of the low end. The result is a tone that is not overly bright but also isn't muddy. This is all so subjective...i will try to make a recording to demonstrate. I can't promise Mattfig quality but it is something. Though i can say that without a doubt this is THE BEST clean module i have played. I loved the Salvation Loneclean and was reluctant to trade it but i am glad i got this to take its place.

A note about the Loneclean. It is more versatile than the Superclean in the sense that it has more gain/drive on tap. I was literally able to get some acceptable death metal tones out of it (i have a vid on youtube comparing it to the JF Recto). I of course did not use it for that (all the time :twisted:) but it proved that it could reach a large range of tones. It is truly a great module. The Superclean is also truly great for different reasons. In general what the SC lacks in breadth (as far as gain/drive goes) it makes up for in detail and depth in the tonal range. I think it has a finer focus than the LC . The are both great and i would gladly have both of them in my arsenal.

As far as the style i take advantage of with the SC goes...i play everything from slow melodic arpeggio riffs to funk/jazz/blues type riffs and solos. It is great for all of it. Again i will try to get a demo up on youtube for you guys to judge.

Drive: Almost off for clean, and cranked for lead.
Bass: Noon
Middle:Maxed
Treble: Noon
Master: Max
Mid: Up
Deep: Down
Boost: On

This is in my EL34 Lynchbox.

Gain: Always past noon
Bass: Max
Middle: 11 o'clock
Treble: Noon
Volume: Max
Switches: Haze and Clipping off, JMP/ JCM and Voicing depending on the song are different

This is in my EL34/ 6CA7 RM100 Combo.

I have the EV Trilogy prototype and besides a few switches, I'm not sure how it differs from the normal EVT. Mine has a weird middle knob. It almost clicks into place at noon, giving me two different voicings, so if its past noon, things get big, and there's less cut. From 8 o'clock- noon it has more cut and aggression.

Gain: Maxed
Bass: 3 O'Clock
Middle: 9 O'clock
Frequency Sweep: 2 O'Clock
Treble: Maxed
Volume: 2 O'Clock
Lead: on
Voicing: thick and dark

I tend to run the Presence on the high side for this one. It is in my 6l6 RM100. This is my favorite of Rob's mods.

Volume: 9 O'Clock
Bass: Noon
Middle: Maxed
Treble:Maxed
Master: Maxed
Bright: Off
Boost: Off
P/T: Plexi

This is in my EL34 Lynchbox

JF 59RR Plat - Jimi-ish

9:00 - Gain
3:00 - Bass
2:00 - Mid
12:00 - Treb
9:00 - Vol

Master/Pres/Density - 12:00

JMP mode, 3rd stage clipping & haze off. Vintage voice.

Add Stratocaster and season to taste.

My only complaint is that I only have 1 of them. My settings change for high gain and I dislike fiddling with knobs.

The Rossness said:
I have the EV Trilogy prototype and besides a few switches, I'm not sure how it differs from the normal EVT. Mine has a weird middle knob. It almost clicks into place at noon, giving me two different voicings, so if its past noon, things get big, and there's less cut. From 8 o'clock- noon it has more cut and aggression.

Aside from the I/II/III switch, your's is very similar and indeed the prototype to the Trilogy. The indent at noon on you midrange pot is just a model of pot I tried in R&D and functions exactly the same as the production models. The values are exactly the same and the indent just serves as a mid-point indicator (like you would see on most mixers).

Jaded Faith said:
The Rossness said:

Aside from the I/II/III switch, your's is very similar and indeed the prototype to the Trilogy. The indent at noon on you midrange pot is just a model of pot I tried in R&D and functions exactly the same as the production models. The values are exactly the same and the indent just serves as a mid-point indicator (like you would see on most mixers).

I guess that means that mine can do some great scooped tones as well as tones with big mids.

Gain 2:00
Jcm mode
Diode clip on
Bass 2:00
Mid 11:00
Treble 12:00 to 2:00
Master 1:00
Haze off
Modern voice

Gain 2:00
Bass 1:00
Middle 10:30
Treble 3:00
Master 11:00
JCM mode, Modern voicing, Haze off

Ross & Kev, it would be helpful to know which modules you are talking about :lol: :lol:

From the Haze & JCM switches, I'm guessing a couple of them are 59RRs

VitaminG said:
Ross & Kev, it would be helpful to know which modules you are talking about :lol: :lol:

look at the post subject...i almost missed it too. that is a field i usually forget about and don't use.

JKMV12 said:
VitaminG said:

look at the post subject...i almost missed it too. that is a field i usually forget about and don't use.

:lol: too funny! I looked and looked and looked in case I was missing something. Most times those fields are empty so I didn't even notice them.

sorry all. Please go about your business :D

I had started typing the same thing when I happened to see the titles..

Gain 3:00
Bass 12:00
Mids 2:00
Treble 2:30
Master 11:00
Crunch mode, Focus off/up, Fluid on/down

I have gone with this setting for rhythm. For leads I'm hitting the front with an OD on the GSP1101.

If possible, could we specify what tone fits a certain song or player. With the 59rr there are so many tones in it you can go for old zep to 80s metal.
With all the switches and modes the modders put on, a single mod can do a lot of things.
My fav settings on the 59rr PE are
Gain 3oc. ( o'clock )
Bass 3
Mids 3
Treble 12
Vol 12
Jmp. Gain stage on, vintage mode, Diode off, haze off
Great early VH tone and almost any higher gain plexi tone.

Mike361 said:
If possible, could we specify what tone fits a certain song or player. With the 59rr there are so many tones in it you can go for old zep to 80s metal.
Updated my first post with more info along those lines. i will also try to get a quick demo made.

I'm going to band practice tonight. I will post the rest of my settings later
And great idea about saying what type of sound it is.

Latest posts