jcm800

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a 4010 (1x12 combo version of the 50 watt 2204 model) for 11 years. About five years ago I built a head to mount the chassis in, and have been running it through a 2x12 cab. It's a one trick pony, and does that trick really well with the right guitar (something with loud humbuckers) at a good volume. Unfortunately since buying an Eganter TOL50 about seven years ago, the 800 has been my bedroom/backup amp and the tones I get at bedroom volumes with single coil guitars are less than stellar. I do believe with the recent purchase of a RM50, the 800 is going to get sold.

Also keep in mind that when Zakk runs his JCM 800 he's also using pedals in front of the amp to boost it! :roll: A truly sweet amp sounds AMAZING without any pedals, although that's not to say it's a bad amp just because it sounds better with a boost in front! :)

Has anyone tried the JCM800 mod for the Randall SL module? I've been thinking about getting an SL and doing this mod and i'm curious how this compairs to a real JCM800

ZW had a signature Marshall for a while last year, if your looking for that type of sound you should check it out, but you'll only get one second hand now. Best thing to do like I did was buy the ZW45 overdrive pedal from MXR, it's makes some sweet ZW sounds from pretty much any amp.

A truly sweet amp sounds AMAZING without any pedals, although that's not to say it's a bad amp just because it sounds better with a boost in front!

A lot of truth to that statement... pedals don't make the amp but a great amp with a great pedal is a win win.

I've had two JCM 800's... both early 80's a 2104 half stack from 84 and a 4104 2x12 combo from 83. Both were very cool amps... hell the JCM 800 defined a tonal legacy... expect it to do early metal & hard rock and even some punk tones real well... down and durty nasty *** loud muthafucker... medium gain with a eq thats not so muti-talented but defines that Marshall rudeness and also 80's metal.

The Randall MTS stuff is better IMHO... the Mr.Scary is a lot like a modded Marshall and can get some JCM 800 like tones albeit closer to a Soldano.

Khing

Ive been runing that MXR ZW overdrive infront of my old RG100es after trying a ton of overdrives and distortions and that thing screams, if your love the tone of your amp but want some disturbing gain that will do the trick

Though not 100% the same, what other amp can offer multi-amp plug-ins with great tone? Haven't tried the module myself though...

A good JCM 800 is one of the greatest rock amps ever made IMO and the last really good amp Marshall put out.

Like our sound engineer says every month.....after this madness with boogies, diezels etc you will humbly come back to JCM800 ;)

I own one and I'm in paradise boost it with in OD in it give you the power and the attitude of a god ahha