JF Quick Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimw427

Reaction score
I have a like new JF Quick Mod I purchased and just does not fit what I am looking for. So I am after a few suggestions, I am looking for a low to mid gainer, as well as a high gainer for 80's rock. Something that has a smooth marshall, boogie earlier mark type tones.

I am considering a trade for a JF Ultra Lead but have some concerns I have read on the form that it is not as good through EL84's and I run a RM22.

Any suggestions........ any interest in trades?

Jim

I wouldn't say the ultra lead is bad through 84's. that was one guys opinion, you'll never know till u try it in your rig.

I think el84 sound good with vox, orange, Marshall tones. Not so much on the Mesa stuff. But you never know. This forum needs a swapping, trying service, wouldn't it be great if you could try different modules without having to buy them to see if they work for you.

For mid-low ODS, RVERB, PlexiTweed or maybe even Graintone (not tried)...

Lot's of options for mashally/boogie. Choose your poison, I'm having a huge problem in keeping my selection of pre's under 10.

Mike361 said:
I think el84 sound good with vox, orange, Marshall tones. Not so much on the Mesa stuff. But you never know. This forum needs a swapping, trying service, wouldn't it be great if you could try different modules without having to buy them to see if they work for you.
Mike...what a great idea....or rent a mod......how much $$ have we all spent on mods that we thought would be great only to find that wasn't the sound we wanted at all.....

Thnaks for all the feeds back, you folks have listed several I want to try, so now the search is on I think a ODS, Voxless, would work good, would love to try a custom 3, I will have to keep a good eye on the classifieds.

Thanks everyone..... Jim

Rod said:
Mike361 said:
Mike...what a great idea....or rent a mod......how much $$ have we all spent on mods that we thought would be great only to find that wasn't the sound we wanted at all.....

It's an awesome concept! However shipping, insurance, and the honor system make that idea difficult...I have toyed with it many times myself with some others but there's no good way to officially make it work that I know...

Maybe just form small groups of folks you trust and trade that way? A whole group concept would also invite scammers- and they've been here before so people are leery...

Mike361 said:
This forum needs a swapping, trying service, wouldn't it be great if you could try different modules without having to buy them to see if they work for you.

I agree. Probably best bet is to try to build some relationship with some guys willing to do that. I did it with pickups a few times when I was trying a bunch of boutique stuff.

**Edit**
I hadn't read all the way through before quoting this one. Seems others agree, but logistically...yeah I don't know.

Believe me I have thought about it well before this. Maybe some type of PayPal account held in one members name that we pay in to, say $300 to 400, as a insurance fund. Then you are allowed to swap in and out of a pool a modules that are sent in to same member. Someone would have to regulate who has what ect... It could work if someone was willing to do it. Maybe pay someone a percentage for their time. Time limits of two weeks, shipping paid upfront. Lets get more ideas before it dies. I would be willing to swap if it is set up right and I did get hosed on a amp purchase. The key is who would be willing to hold the money and regulate it.

Mike361 said:
Believe me I have thought about it well before this. Maybe some type of PayPal account held in one members name that we pay in to, say $300 to 400, as a insurance fund. Then you are allowed to swap in and out of a pool a modules that are sent in to same member. Someone would have to regulate who has what ect... It could work if someone was willing to do it. Maybe pay someone a percentage for their time. Time limits of two weeks, shipping paid upfront. Lets get more ideas before it dies. I would be willing to swap if it is set up right and I did get hosed on a amp purchase. The key is who would be willing to hold the money and regulate it.

Good thoughts. I am new in these parts, but I would say maybe we talk to some of the mods? They would obviously have a good reputation here.