Just got an RM20 what modded module first???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GuitarGuyLP said:
I think since it says 15 watts in some places, and 18 in others I might go over to Rig Talk and ask Bruce since I am sure he designed it as well. He should have the definitive answer not that it really matters, but it seems to me like Randall isn't even sure :p

I seem to recall that when they were first introduced, the RM20 was listed at 18 watts. Years later, they revised that to 15 watts for whatever reason. Kinda bizarre.

GuitarGuyLP said:
I am sure that Bruce might also be able to give me some info about the transformer...I have a Hammond that might work if the primaries are the same...I might even look into installing power scaling into this amp, but I might be better off waiting until I get a 50 watter to do those mods to unless I find a module that really kills in the RM20.

Trace at Voodoo Amps recommended to me the Mercury Magnetics Radio Spares version. Maybe call them on Tuesday to see if they recommend anything else?

The Radio spares series 18 watt marshall (I am thinking that might be the one) is $250!!!! WOW!!!!! I will be passing on that one. Maybe there are other options.

I think I will wait until I get a 50 watter to think about upgrades. Gotta get the modules first.

Thanks for all the info

So yesterday I decided to do some higher volume comparisons between the RM20, and my 20 watt Peters...The Peters is a lot louder, and sounds better at high volumes. I think I am going to get an RM50, and sell the RM20. that way I can really give the modules a good chance.

Right now I am leaning towards getting the Chupacabra in the classifieds, and an SG XTC (might have a trade in the works). I think that will give me a few options for my first couple of modules.

There are however two more that I am thinking about that I am wanting some info on...The SG Diablo, and the Dragon mod. Both seem badass, but I am thinking that the Chupacabra might cover the same ground...if only money wasn't a factor

I think you made the right decision to get the best out of your modules and if you ever get the urge for EL84s again, the YellowJacket adapters work just fine for that!

So the RM20 is leaving, so is the Voodoo SL+ with sear mod.

I have a RM50 combo soon to be on its way. I also have some modules that will be on their way soon SG XTC, and Diablo, and Salvation Chupacabra.

If this isn't giving the MTS system a good run nothing is lol.

I also have JJs KT88s, E34Ls, Ruby EL34s, and it is coming with 6L6s. This might dethrone my Mako Mak4 rack!!!

**** dude, your gonna love it!

If you ever get the chance, you gotta try the EH KT88/ with the JJ E34L's together, if you ever get the rm100 or rt2/50 stereo.
simply magical! So much clear punchy low end with the perfect grind and cut in the mids as well. Amazing high end without any harshness. Great Headroom.