Mash All module - new clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratomaster said:
felineguitars said:
I too fear that for me the JVM red may have way too much gain

I would love a channel to sound like Randy Rhoads and another to sound like Zakk on No rest for the Wicked
Other sounds I would love it to cover:
Kiss Circa 1975
Thin Lizzy
Old Whitesnake - pre 1987
Y&T
Scorpions (Blackout / Love at first sting)
Michael Schenker (UFO and MSG)

Antonin said he was working a RR module too ! i thought it was coming with the Marsh All i guess not but cant wait to get mine should have it by feb

That would be killer
I would love an Ozzy module that would do RR, Jake and Zakk !
Polka Dots and Bullseyes on the panel!

felineguitars said:
stratomaster said:
felineguitars said:
I too fear that for me the JVM red may have way too much gain

I would love a channel to sound like Randy Rhoads and another to sound like Zakk on No rest for the Wicked
Other sounds I would love it to cover:
Kiss Circa 1975
Thin Lizzy
Old Whitesnake - pre 1987
Y&T
Scorpions (Blackout / Love at first sting)
Michael Schenker (UFO and MSG)

Antonin said he was working a RR module too ! i thought it was coming with the Marsh All i guess not but cant wait to get mine should have it by feb

That would be killer
I would love an Ozzy module that would do RR, Jake and Zakk !
Polka Dots and Bullseyes on the panel!

+1

Now in all honesty

I love Randy Rhoads' Playing

But his tone is definitly not of the same quality
Sure for a song like "Crazy Train" it sounds awesome, but overall, it's pretty bad

A "Randy" module would be the last thing I'd desire

Nightdare said:
Now in all honesty

I love Randy Rhoads' Playing

But his tone is definitly not of the same quality
Sure for a song like "Crazy Train" it sounds awesome, but overall, it's pretty bad

A "Randy" module would be the last thing I'd desire

I suppose it depends on the tone, almost. I don't care for his live tone, sure. But in the studio, it's not nearly as bad. I don't know why (It doesn't SOUND like a crazily-airbrushed tone), but it is a good deal better. Maybe he had a larger rig in-studio, or didn't use the marshalls as much there. No idea. But I love the tone for the original Mr. Crowley.

Ladies and gentlemen
I made short pause during my recording process and did some very fast raw basic Mash-all clip....

wait for Salvation signal ;)

Sounded great! All very distinct from eachother. I thought it was a picture of the module but then a hand came in and it scared me a little! :lol:

kylendm said:
Sounded great! All very distinct from eachother. I thought it was a picture of the module but then a hand came in and it scared me a little! :lol:
haha yes same here, had a little "what the.." moment :lol:

Sounds are great! Love the EQ settings :D
Great that you just flipped through the switches, it shows the different sounds well. :)

Only thing I have to say is: the 1959 setting sounds a bit weak compared to the others.
But I suspect that lies in the settings though.

Salvation said:
New video on Youtube shows all 4 sound modes of MAsh All module

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUR7pzgSL10

Anthony
SALVATION MODS

Cool to sneak in some Jake/Badlands at the beginning...The first two modes are my favorites, they sound really good, very organic and dynamic! If you have any info on what guitar and pickups were used that would be helpful. The pickup tone seemed a bit on the thin side.

m0jo said:
Only thing I have to say is: the 1959 setting sounds a bit weak compared to the others.

See what you mean, I would just keep in mind the choice of guitar plus the gain at noon and no boost pedal.

Does anyone know what modules can be used?

That my friend is the best you have done so far IMO.
I love how you are not just adding gain but changing voicing as well.
the 59 has that great ACDC Jailbreak bark
800 is a lot thicker ..sounds close to a silver jub has more gain than the 800 I remember.
The Jose voice is really cool a bit more growl and saturation.only one I don't love is JVM but then again I am that 80's guy .
Still sounds like a great marshall .well a few of them actually .Cheers!!!

You wanted raw, you got it raw :)
No tweaking, no postprocess magic, straight from line out to 4x12 recto IR cab V30 (SM57 I guess)
Marshall "signature" EQ settings :)

mahogany guitar with gibson 498T. This guitar is not fat, it is FAAAAAAT :)
I had to install Reverend gadget.

4367.jpg

Yeah, 1959 can sound a bit fuller, but I don?t want to use special features of my RM20 for this showing. We already about half year work on this feature in pedal version. (because is not efficient sending heads for upgrade to Europe and back) By our meaning this is weakest point of MTS system (paying for compromises) and we want to offer easiest (stompbox) correction of this.

And as usually in Salvation mods, for Mash-all is possible to use every mid/hi gain module. (NOT clean, blackface, deluxe)

Goldfish said:
Salvation said:
New video on Youtube shows all 4 sound modes of MAsh All module

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUR7pzgSL10

Anthony
SALVATION MODS

Cool to sneak in some Jake/Badlands at the beginning...The first two modes are my favorites, they sound really good, very organic and dynamic! If you have any info on what guitar and pickups were used that would be helpful. The pickup tone seemed a bit on the thin side.

m0jo said:

See what you mean, I would just keep in mind the choice of guitar plus the gain at noon and no boost pedal.

Does anyone know what modules can be used?

Yeah I don't know which guitar this was, but an SG would definitly bring more punch ;)
I'm no fan of boost pedals for rythm, and AFAIK Angus doesn't use any :wink:

BTW for the modules, look back one page.
Or any page since it's mentioned and asked every 3 minutes :roll:

hyenik said:
You wanted raw, you got it raw :)
No tweaking, no postprocess magic, straight from line out to 4x12 recto IR cab V30 (SM57 I guess)
Marshall "signature" EQ settings :)

mahogany guitar with gibson 498T. This guitar is not fat, it is FAAAAAAT :)
I had to install Reverend gadget.

4367.jpg

Yeah, 1959 can sound a bit fuller, but I don?t want to use special features of my RM20 for this showing. We already about half year work on this feature in pedal version. (because is not efficient sending heads for upgrade to Europe and back) By our meaning this is weakest point of MTS system (paying for compromises) and we want to offer easiest (stompbox) correction of this.

And as usually in Salvation mods, for Mash-all is possible to use every mid/hi gain module. (NOT clean, blackface, deluxe)

Thanks for the details. very helpful. The module sounds great. Check your PM's.

but, if i would add anything..can we see this module with the tone controls used?
The 4 stages of gain is very,very impressive (Coffee break sustain!!!!)...but for me, the EQ is as important as the gain...so can we see or hear some clips that show that?
-GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
but, if i would add anything..can we see this module with the tone controls used?
The 4 stages of gain is very,very impressive (Coffee break sustain!!!!)...but for me, the EQ is as important as the gain...so can we see or hear some clips that show that?
-GtrGeorge

No problem, buy it, do it :)
But seriously, it is not possible to satisfie every person even only in MTS world.
This module is typical marshall = EQ is not very responsive. So I choose this EQ settings, which is used long time ago.... all to the right ;)