My New Jaded Faith Plexi MONSTER!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
Was looking for something different and unique to add to my amp. Been talking/dealing with Rob(Jaded Faith) for over a year. He was telling something he can do with a plexi mod that struck my interest. So I asked him to go nuts and make it into a beast. Well he did exactly that.
It is now a 2 Channel module that just kicks ***!! The cleaner channel sounds like a Modded JTM/BRAHMA(Perfect for what I wanted) very quiet. No hissing even at VERY LOUD volume. Flip the toggle down and it starts breathing fire. THIS IS WHAT A HOT RODDED PLEXI SHOULD SOUND LIKE!
When I kick the gain back to about noon its a perfect Hair metal tone. Turn to 3'oclock and its Metallica/Slayer time! Yes.....it gets that nasty! But very clear and articulate. Makes a great addition to the others in my collection.
That VHT he made me is a beast in its own. If your looking for something different, drop him a line and get some custom work done. I am such a gear slut/tone chaser that I am POSITIVE I will be knocking on his door again soon!

Danno it outta here....... 8)

I just got a JF Plexi too. I'm assuming it's to the same spec. And yeah, beautiful sounding module. I wouldn't say mine has thrash-type gain, but I think that depends on how hot the guitar pickups are (mine aren't very). Either way, it's perfect for the rythm sound I want and does have a BIG gain range and tons of clarity.

Working on getting my clips together ASAP. My band Jaded Faith is in the final round to open a festival date for Motley Crue, Godsmack, Drowning Pool and Theory of a Deadman next month and time has been super tight. I'll throw something together very soon though.

Rob

DC Widowmaker said:
I just got a JF Plexi too. I'm assuming it's to the same spec. And yeah, beautiful sounding module. I wouldn't say mine has thrash-type gain, but I think that depends on how hot the guitar pickups are (mine aren't very). Either way, it's perfect for the rythm sound I want and does have a BIG gain range and tons of clarity.
Not sure if this is a updated one or not. I had a older PLexi Rob nodded and this new beast he made is really MEANER on Channel 2.
Rob care to chime in if its your original Recipe or a Updated one?
:D
For me for the MEAN tone....check out his Modded Ultra XL.
2 channels of PURE HELL!!
I call mine.....THE COBRA KILLER!!! 8)

I am sure pickups and all that make a difference in the chain. I use EMG's and boost it with a clean Transparent overdrive by Dan elctro(Timmy clone)
and it SCREAMS! Great hot rod tone that is super sharp and razor tone. Nice and tight and CRUNCHY! :wink:

From the description thee gain side sounds like the DF HBE.....cool that it has a 'clean' channel too.

The gain is different than the HBE. I had one of them in the past too. This one sounds more "tighter" then the Growly of the HBE. The 'clean' channel is like I mentioned a cross between the Brahma and JTM. Great for AC/DCish music. That "gainy" Channel is to die for. Friedman made the HBE out of the SL+ where this has the Plexi feel. I also had Daves Brown Eye module which sounded good as well. But this tone has them beat. But it is all opinion. What sounds killer to me may sound shitty to someone else.
But I doubt it. It owns!
I owned all the modules and this one is a KEEPER! :D

Mailman1971 said:
Not sure if this is a updated one or not.
Maybe,maybe not. Thought it's probably close enough in terms of sound, if not gain, and my version is exactly what I'm looking for in a rythm tone either way. I have it dialled in at about 1-2 o'clock on the high gain switch and it's just right. :D

Correct.
Its a PERFECT sound that covers pretty much ANY territory. If you back off.....its a nice light plexi. Play it hard......Slayer territory.
I love it for the Hair metal. Great sound that isnt COOKIE CUTTER.
Great job Rob! :D

Might have to add it to the wishlist...tho' I'm still betting the HBE beats it for Slayer ;)

JKD said:
Might have to add it to the wishlist...tho' I'm still betting the HBE beats it for Slayer ;)
I will take that bet!!
:wink:
You need to check out the Cobra Killer if you want a Brutal heavy tone.....
His VHT is very ORIGINAL sounding as well. Never heard a tone like that come out the Randall.....
No kidding! :D

DC Widowmaker said:
The two you guys have are similar most of the way with two very small differences between them. Side by side, it is very slight and just a little different flavor. I actually have two personal Plexi's and both are diffrent as well. I have done several mods (after the fact) to both HBE's and BE's and I assure you these are a very different beast.

I have HBE and Rob's Plexi,both are VERY good..but Rob's Plexi sound thicker and the mids sound sweet! It covers all the Marshall sound very well.

mike said:
I have HBE and Rob's Plexi,both are VERY good..but Rob's Plexi sound thicker and the mids sound sweet! It covers all the Marshall sound very well.

Good to know...actually I've noticed almost all DF's Plexi style mods seem to dip the mids a little (BE,HBE..his original Plexi mod and the DF Brahma.)

Yeah I remember Rob describing that modded Plexi to me.......sounds like it would be killer.....couldn't be a nicer person to talk to/deal with... 8)

mike said:
So you just got one in as well Mike?
Nice......I love mine. It actually has USABLE MIDS!! I have the mids at about 2'oclock on this module and it CUTS thru. Takes a boost great and is very quiet at high volume. We played last night for about 2 hours and I didnt switch out modules. Great all around module. Covers alot of area.
Did you have the Dual channel switch put in yours as well?