My New Jaded Faith Plexi MONSTER!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting all the tones that I wanted Rob to do for me on this Plexi and then some! Not into the XTC that much. I had about 3 or 4 of them. One heavily modded by Pete(red face) and another that was modded by Friedman. Just cant get into that module at all. Sounds too dark for me.
Now this Plexi can get GREAT BROWN SOUND. Doing some VH last nite and it was SWEEEEEET!!
:D

DC Widowmaker said:
shred-o-holic said:
.....couldn't be a nicer person to talk to/deal with... 8)
+1 on that. A real pleasure.
+1000 on this as well. Rob has been really cool and easy to work with.
Tell him the direction your trying to get and he can get it.
His VHT mod is FREAKING SWEET!
But the COBRA KILLER........ If Satan played a Randall.....this would be his module!! :twisted:

Mailman1971 said:
mike said:
I have HBE and Rob's Plexi,both are VERY good..but Rob's Plexi sound thicker and the mids sound sweet! It covers all the Marshall sound very well.
So you just got one in as well Mike?
Nice......I love mine. It actually has USABLE MIDS!! I have the mids at about 2'oclock on this module and it CUTS thru. Takes a boost great and is very quiet at high volume. We played last night for about 2 hours and I didnt switch out modules. Great all around module. Covers alot of area.
Did you have the Dual channel switch put in yours as well?

yes Dual channel :D

Sounds great with my Cusack screamer.

crankyrayhanky said:
Is there a mod "Cobra Killer"?
Which one is it, or is that the name?
Thats what I call mine! Its his modded Ultra XL. Sounds like my Framus Cobra did. Dual channel of PURE HELL!
So I dubbed mine COBRA KILLER.
Check it out. You will see why....... :twisted:

mike said:
Mailman1971 said:
mike said:
I have HBE and Rob's Plexi,both are VERY good..but Rob's Plexi sound thicker and the mids sound sweet! It covers all the Marshall sound very well.
So you just got one in as well Mike?
Nice......I love mine. It actually has USABLE MIDS!! I have the mids at about 2'oclock on this module and it CUTS thru. Takes a boost great and is very quiet at high volume. We played last night for about 2 hours and I didnt switch out modules. Great all around module. Covers alot of area.
Did you have the Dual channel switch put in yours as well?

yes Dual channel :D

Sounds great with my Cusack screamer.
****........I want a Cusack REALLY bad!!
Got the Danelectro Transparent Overdrive(Timmy clone) and it sounds REALLY REALLY GOOD!!! Makes my tone sound HUGE where the modded SD-1 took some mids and bass when engaged.
Not sure when I will get teh extra $200 bucks for the cusack....but its on
MY LIST! 8)

Mailman1971 said:
If Satan played a Randall.....this would be his module!! :twisted:
I think this is the best quote I have seen hands down. I think that's getting framed above the workbench in "The Lab"! :lol:

I actually have one here to mod for myself when I get some time one day.

Have to make a note about my Cobra Killer module. It is SOOO BRUTAL that I only use it for the BREWTAL SHIZNIT. No AC/DC or Kiss or Hair Metal. It is that ANGRY. When I want to drop it in the basement and do some HEAVY chugging....its the GO TO. My Band mates are floored by it. We only do a few tunes where we use it. Most of the jam is done with my Grail or the VHT module and now the Modded Plexi. That thing covers 90% of what we play. But when want to get ANGRY....its my Cobra Killer.
Sorry Rob if you want to name it something else....haha
But thats what I call mine! 8)
Dont get Heavier than this. Take the challenge and see for yourself! :wink:
Rob's modded Ultra XL.......FLAMETHROWER. :shock:
Over Drive pedals NEED NOT APPLY!! :D

Hey....it can be called WHAT EVER IT WANTS....its just that BAD @SS! :wink:
It just reminds me of my Cobra Amp. But sounds a little better in the Randall. 8)

JadedFaith does awesome work, that's for **** sure. My Recto mod went from being unusable to my favorite module. :)

Plexi was definately interesting...had way more gain on tap than a Plexi..lot thicker in high gain mode too....despite changing out some different/lower gain or different tubes than the ECC83.

I actually prefer'd Friedman take on it...so it's on it's way to Ray...glad that I tired it though, since it gives me full confidence in Robs work...might have to think about another, face-melting gain something from JF in future :D

I also might've kept it if I wasn't paying for a Pete Mark module soon :D