My Undying love for the JF 1959RR Custom

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I got my 59rr when the diode clipping was still standard and rob was nice enough to offer the extra gain stage switch option which I am absolutely glad i got. This module has gotten more play than any other this month by 10 fold over any other ive been playing alot of GnR (anyone whos read about my slash tone search) well the search is over ive got the afd tone pretty much nailed and Im loving it. I was never really a big marshall guy before recently and its all because of this module which was in the first batch of JF modded modules i ever got and diddnt get much use next to my Erect,PlexiTweed and UltraLead but i have re-discovered classic marshall tone in a huge way Im in love with just about every way i can find to set this module from jimi to EVH to slash to even black album era metallica sounds great through the 3rd gain stage WOW I have litterally been playing this module alone for about 10 hours straight im a little hyper today and ive just been digging the 59rr goodness Best Module Ever JOB WELL DONE ROB!!! thanks a year and a half later!
-mp-

Good call man!!

I Love my 59RR Platinum!! Such a great versitile Marshall Tone. A close number two being the Salvo Mash-oldano.

Thank You Rob!

Thank you Anthony!

I was just discovering modded modules when the platinum was made so i missed out but from what i hear im not missing much without the diode clipping but i hear that the platinum was made from higher quality parts and is voiced a little bit differently is this true? If so ive gotta get my hands on one!
-mp-

No platinum or custom here but loved my MKII before when it just breathed smoke. I just did some tube swapping and found with a JJ in V1 and EHX in V2 it breathes fire!! Re-loving it again.. :D

search the forum for info on the plat. version. I remember Rob saying something about different parts, and being less compressed compared to the regular version. It is my top choice as well and just covers so many tones. I have eh tubes in mine, and I really should try a JJ in v1.

Yeah, the plat is one of my "cold dead hands" modules as well. I haven't found anything that does meat and potatoes Marshall tones any better, and I've sure done enough looking.

I would recommend trying a JJ in V1 (I'm no expert at all, just know what it did to mine..) On mine, things I found as I was swapping: V1 made quite a bit more change than V2. Started with Tung-sol gold pin in V1 and JJ in V2. I put EH's in both and it sounded good, then put the JJ in V2.. was OK.. Then JJ in V1 with the EH in V2.. Holy fucking hell!!