New LynchBox owner with a problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuicideCircus

Reaction score
First, Im brand new to the modular amp world. I recently purchased a New Lynchbox Head. (SL+, Mr Scary, and XTC). The Amp sounds dangerously good..... I cant belive everyone isnt playing these...:)

All is good, except I cannot get the footswitch to work. I cant get any lights or anything on the 3 button Switch at all.....I read all about the Plugging in the midi cable in advance of turning it on, so I dont think its the Midi fuse, although I guess its possiable ....

Any ideas??
Ive only had the amp one week, so this is a quite a bummer.....
Thanks in advance...

Set footswitch to channel 1 and push and hold the channel select button on the head,if that doesn't work,I believe you need to set the dip switches on the midi boards,Thats if everything is working properly.Welcome to the board!!! :D

Thank you for setting out the welcome mat.....

Im getting nowhere with the search function tho... Could someone point me in the right direction??

Do you have a 7 pin MIDI cable? If you are only using a 5 pin you will need a power adapter for the pedal. Since you have no lights it sounds like a power issue to me.

a 5 pin cord will need external power, a 7 pin will provide the power.
or....
ONLY PLUG/UNPLUG with AMP OFF!
Otherwise, you can join me in the fraternity of the blown midi fuse
At this point, I just bought a powered pedalboard to get around the issue until I have to time/$ to send it in for repair

There should be an obnoxiously huge orange warning sticker label saying this on the back of the amp- it's a ridiculous problem that many new users don't know

Look at your midi cable, if it's a 5 pin then you'll need to get an adapter to power the footswitch. If it's a 7 pin, then be VERY sure you have it inserted correctly.

From it not lighting up at all, I'm going to guess either inserted wrong or you have a 5 pin cable...

Pete

thanks for the reply so far. Im still at a loss here. I do indeed have a seven pin cable and I have it plugged in to the midi in. The only time I get lights on the footswitch is for split second when I power the amp off.

Help....

...and are you the Pete that I sold the mII to on JCF?

it is either a case of blowing the midi fuse...or the dip switches need to be swtiched to on. it would require pulling the chassis from the head box.

contact customer service for further instruction: 847-643-5120

SuicideCircus said:
thanks for the reply so far. Im still at a loss here. I do indeed have a seven pin cable and I have it plugged in to the midi in. The only time I get lights on the footswitch is for split second when I power the amp off.

Help....

...and are you the Pete that I sold the mII to on JCF?

Yep, I still have it too! :) Sorry to hear about your midi issue, RD/Steve will have ya up and about in no time.

Pete