Pete Modded 1086.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get some rest.....your mentally spent after the build up I been giving on the modded 1086 for the past couple months! hahaha
Back at work, thus the constant MTS monitoring

Nah.....didnt care for the KH2. :wink:
Wow, I actually like playing I am the Law and similar stuff through the KH2...I need some sleep

Well is the 1086 on its way to Pete yet??
Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

I just played with the band last night and that 1086 was just RULING!!
Cut thru anything the drummer or bass player was tossing out. Really crushing tone! :D

as far as the pete mods go for the 1086..what are people getting done and for how much?

nothing on his page regarding this...i would assume that its more than just a standard clarity mod..

paintkilz said:
so what mods does that entail?
Here is the description from Pete when I bought the modded 1086:
" 1086 - stock faceplate, Egnater style creme knobs, has my warmth/clarity mods, pull gain pot that switches to a tighter bass setting, and an always on gain boost. No, it's not an ultra, but it's gainier than stock. Clearer sounding too. "
It just RULES!!!
8)

Just have to REVISE this post...
I am so **** EXCITED.....Pete has my 2nd 1086 and is making it "special" :twisted:
You guys are going to get a KILLER review when I get this bad @ss home!!
Once again....if you have a 1086....and like it. SEND IT TO PETE to modify!!
I had a ENGL Invader and the modded 1086 took it TO SCHOOL!!
I know...strong words...but believe me...25 years of playing metal...this baby DOES IT!!
Danno is out.......... 8)

maximus1 said:
are you trying to get me to buy a third 1086? :p
haha
No sir!!
But....if you ever played this bad boy....
You will SH!T your pants!
:D
Seriously....its the HEAVIEST TONE...I have played. And I OWNED THEM ALL!! (No pressure on you Pete!! haha)
Not a paid actor but a REAL GUITARIST!!!

Danno is out!!!

yeah i likes the stock one alot but i just couldn't get it to cut at all and it needed more gain like what the kh-3 has, the mids didn't seem the do much but put a sheen on the tone that made it sound unclear , i don't know more or less i just got tired of it, sounded great when i had celestion hot 100's but after i swicthed them out it was never the same. i will get a modded one though for sure

yes.....a modded 1086 is the BE ALL END ALL for my HEAVY TONE Chasing!
Whats cool is that I will have my Modded PLexi and SL+ sitting right next to the 1086 so it will be the ULTIMATE TONE MACHINE!! 8)

This is embarassing.....but after all the years I been playing.....I have no clue how to record. :oops:
some guys I hear their clips and it just sounds FANTASTIC!! Sorta Jealous in that aspect. :x
But maybe if Pete can make that little video of it.....*hint hint* haha
But dont take my word on it. I am sure once you hear it in PERSON it will knock your socks off!
And if you dont like the tone....about 100 guys on this board would be HAPPY to take it off your hands! :D

Pete siad mine should be back to me this week.

DANNO you made me salivate just reading your posts, grrrrrrrrr 1086 mmmmmmmmm. Ill have mine with a side of METAL DEVISATION PLEZZ!

Mailman1971 said:
This is embarassing.....but after all the years I been playing.....I have no clue how to record. :oops:
some guys I hear their clips and it just sounds FANTASTIC!! Sorta Jealous in that aspect. :x
But maybe if Pete can make that little video of it.....*hint hint* haha
But dont take my word on it. I am sure once you hear it in PERSON it will knock your socks off!
And if you dont like the tone....about 100 guys on this board would be HAPPY to take it off your hands! :D

http://www.imperialmastering.com/guitartonevid/

:D

Mailman1971 said:
Be prepared to be BLOWN AWAY...... :twisted:
You said something about PETE doing something special for you, just curious as to what that might be? :?:

I got the works on mine but I wanna know what your special one offers too! :wink:

He is just going to add a little more "mids" to the module.
But everything he touches just plain ROCKS!
I have a JTM that he modded and its been my favorite module for the past month! Cant stop playing it....(at least till the 1086 comes home!!) :D

Mailman1971 said:
He is just going to add a little more "mids" to the module.
But everything he touches just plain ROCKS!
I have a JTM that he modded and its been my favorite module for the past month! Cant stop playing it....(at least till the 1086 comes home!!) :D

You know I always thought the JTM was a low-mid gain module but you and so many others praise it, what marshall gain does it cover if not the lower gain stuff :?:

Actually it is a pretty low gain module but I have been on this huge AC/DC ride the past month and it just nails it!! I even push it sometimes with a SD-1 and it can get into the Hair metal territory....but not as good as the Plexi! :wink: