Pete Modded 1086.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always been wanting to do a 1086....but i have an ultra XL that ive been trying to get Pete to gimme a price on so i can ship it off to him.

Im assuming hes real busy.

:(

I like my 1086, but only for my C and C flat tunings. Its pretty thin for my standard tuning stuff. Thats where my Recto comes in. Maybe i need to get my 1086 modded too?

What the mod does is it takes the 1086 sound....and BEEFS it like a Steroid injection!! Very very killer. I wouldnt be braggin it up till I heard it myself. Its a MUST have for a metal player. :twisted:

Mailman1971 said:
What the mod does is it takes the 1086 sound....and BEEFS it like a Steroid injection!! Very very killer. I wouldnt be braggin it up till I heard it myself. Its a MUST have for a metal player. :twisted:

A must have.........you had to say that....... :roll: :twisted:

uh oh, Mailman just made it Mandantory
perhaps a month of Ramen Noodles can make it happen for me!

shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:

Like mentioned in previous threads.....I had the Engl Invader(Killer amp) and the HIGH GAIN framus Cobra....
This modded 1086 hung right with them with ease and had better tone. One of the few modules that sounds like "A FULL AMP" if that makes sense??
You plug this bad boy in and start rippin.....peoples Jaws will drop. I am not sure how many are floating around out there, but if you have one, CHIME IN on this!!
If you want HIGH GAIN that is VERY CLEAR and VERY BRUTAL....this is the one for you.
Daaaaaaaaaamn right! 8)

Mailman1971 said:
shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:

Like mentioned in previous threads.....I had the Engl Invader(Killer amp) and the HIGH GAIN framus Cobra....
This modded 1086 hung right with them with ease and had better tone. One of the few modules that sounds like "A FULL AMP" if that makes sense??
You plug this bad boy in and start rippin.....peoples Jaws will drop. I am not sure how many are floating around out there, but if you have one, CHIME IN on this!!
If you want HIGH GAIN that is VERY CLEAR and VERY BRUTAL....this is the one for you.
Daaaaaaaaaamn right! 8)

What amp tone does it most close resemble?

tonymustang302 said:
Ive always been wanting to do a 1086....but i have an ultra XL that ive been trying to get Pete to gimme a price on so i can ship it off to him.

Im assuming hes real busy.

:(

You can try my Pete 1086 whenever you'd like man. :twisted:

Mailman1971 said:
shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:

Daaaaaaaaaamn right! 8)

I know what you mean about the full amp tone. I recently bought a second RM100 and am running it into a stereo cab with one head running right and one left, and I gotta say it sounds like a full amp now. It is just killer. I am so excited to run the 1086 into this setup. BRUTAL METAL MAYHEM!!!! :twisted: :p :twisted:

PS fellas as soon as I get it Ill be making a 1086 clip with it and ill post it. I got all my recording gear up and running yesterday and it sounds sick.

Need some help on where and how to post a clip???????
D

shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:
shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:

Daaaaaaaaaamn right! 8)

What amp tone does it most close resemble?
I would say it sounds like the Engl Invader but a little more HEAVIER in tone. I had the modded 1086 when I got my Engl and it was real close but the 1086 sounded a little meaner. I kept the Engl and sold off the MTS gear since I couldnt afford to keep both amps in the stable. But Low and behold....I am back and the 1st module I went back for was the 1086 and shipped it out to be modded by Pete. Did NOT EVEN BLINK AN EYE ON THIS!!! ITs just THAT GOOD!! 8)

The Hairy Brown Eye is SICK!!!!!!!!!!I had Dave do a dual SL2 Eggie.Higher Gain on channel A and I don't think I even need the B channel now :lol:

Yeah Baby!! Cant wait to get mine back! going to be Heavy metal headbanger heaven!!
Between the Modded 1086 and the Hairy Brown eye modded SL+....UNTOUCHABLE!! :D

jmgman70 said:
Sounds like I need a 1086.
Stock they sound good....but when modded....THATS WHEN THEY COME TO LIFE! Jason, if you like the EG5....you would love the modded 1086!
Did the A/B to them and the 1086 beat the EG5. Well in my and the bands opinion. EG5 has TONS of gain...but its hard to control when turning the gain up and the volume....SQUEALS!!
:shock: