Pete Modded 1086.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonymustang302 said:
kbause said:
tonymustang302 said:
Ive always been wanting to do a 1086....but i have an ultra XL that ive been trying to get Pete to gimme a price on so i can ship it off to him.

Im assuming hes real busy.

:(

You can try my Pete 1086 whenever you'd like man. :twisted:

Where you at again?

Glen Ellyn.
Basically at the intersection of 53 and Butterfield

Well since the new Randall modules are off the table right now I can focus on getting my KH-3/Scary maybe tricked out and maybe get the 1086....of course that would have to be Peteified as well........

I have the Modded out Scary.....and it sounds GREAT! Totally different then the other modules. Voice of its own. Its a Keeper!!

Mailman1971 said:
I have the Modded out Scary.....and it sounds GREAT! Totally different then the other modules. Voice of its own. Its a Keeper!!

I wonder how the Pete and Dave F modded Scary compare in sound?

kbause said:
tonymustang302 said:
kbause said:
tonymustang302 said:
Ive always been wanting to do a 1086....but i have an ultra XL that ive been trying to get Pete to gimme a price on so i can ship it off to him.

Im assuming hes real busy.

:(

You can try my Pete 1086 whenever you'd like man. :twisted:

Where you at again?

Glen Ellyn.
Basically at the intersection of 53 and Butterfield

When r u available? What do you have again cab wise? Could I bring my head ( it's stuffed with KT-88's )?

Hit me up on AIM RidinCBR600RR

shred-o-holic said:
Mailman1971 said:

I wonder how the Pete and Dave F modded Scary compare in sound?

I think I recall Pete saying they were similar but they take different approaches....but he could have been referring to an SL+ mod.

I have modules modded by Both Pete and Dave Friedman....and they both sound KILLER!! Hats off to those Gentleman!! 8)
I know there is alot of TIME....trial and error....and patience put into these modules.

I'm curious..are you 1086 fanboys mostly using the 'fuller mids' side of the module?

The Fuller side is the BEST ........but after Modded....the scooped side is ACTUALLY PLAYABLE!!
Sounds like Megadeth "Holy wars" tone SPOT ON!!
Or....Metallica BREADFAN tone. But yes...VERY PLAYABLE after the mod is done. :wink:

Exactly...all of it depends on what you are playing with and thru. I am using EMGS in a custom Neck thru guitar playing thru a Lynch box Cab. Nice and deep sounding. But every link in the chain makes a difference on the overall tone. But I think you could plug a 2X4 into that 1086 and it would peel the paint off the wall. :shock:

Can anyone point a Noob to what exactly gets modded on the 1086? I'm a handy electronics type and might have to give some mods a go.

Pedro said:
Well gang....any day now I hope to have a knock on the door to receive my "Pete-rified" 1086 8) .... the wait is killing me :(
WE expect a FULL REVIEW and leave out NO DETAILS!! :D
Make sure you just CRANK that bad boy up and watch the paint peel off the walls...... :wink:

Mine should be here today or tomorrow.

Ill slap that sucker in and peel the paint from the walls.
Clips to come as well, in the next few days l'll get'em posted.

Come on FEDEX you slow *** mofos.

HOLY CRAPOLA,

Played my new PETE 1086 last night and OMFG it just shreds, MAILMAN was right, It has so much more gain on tap, its tight as it could ever be, and so **** articulate without being muddy anymore.

The mid switch actually sounds cool in both positions now, and the gain switch is just so sick. also added was a pull switch for the gain structure (I think) LOL. I need some more time with this particular new function.

ALL IN ALL this module has moved up to number 1 in my ranks.

For those of you who have to boost your 1086 to get what you need from it, save your foot and get it modded like right now right now. It's a MONSTER. That would be a cool new name for it actaully, PETE'S MONSTER!